Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: How much for wheelweights?

Boolit Mold

How much for wheelweights?

If one needs to buy wheelweights for casting what's a good price in today's market. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find at gas stations now a days. Thank.

Preacher

Banned
    I can't speak for everyone but I have paid as much as $40.00 for 5g. I get about 120lb of ingots out of them. thats about .33 a pound The most I have paid for any lead is .35 a pound at the scrap yard. Hope this helps a little.

Jeremy

.33lb
    Thats what I paid for my last bucket of 35lbs lead pipe and about 10 lbs of wheelweights

Boolit Mold
    Thanks much folks. That gives me something to go on.

Preacher

Boolit Grand Master
    I just paid $35 for a full 5 gal bucket plus another bucket about 3/4 full, today.

$$/lb..wheelweights

My buddy and are getting set up to make a really good score on about a ton and a half(3klbs) of wheelweights. Hopefully the guy won't renig on $15 per 5gal bucket (100# ea)....will post report later...
    boB...
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    Life Member NRA
    VHA #26779
    NRA Certified Metallic and shotshell Reloading Instr.
    NRA and 4-H Beginning Shotgun Instr.

Boolit Buddy
    Around here a 5 gallon bucket seems to be about $25-$15.

Lead at the scrap yard is .50 per pound. I haven't been by there to see what quality it is or what it is but they say they have ALOT of it.

2 weeks ago I scored close to 300lbs for $16 but that was alot of stopping and getting turned down. I think I'm getting a handle though on the type of places to ask at.

Good Luck!

Have a good one,
    Dave

Boolit Master

I have paid $10-$20 for a 5 gal bucket. i paid $20 for a 5 gal bucket full of truck WWs. ******I think these days(cheap) will end soon******. Check out the small scrap yards that have to haul long distance to main scrap yards they don't like to haul lead too heavy for the return on $$.

Boolit Mold
    Again I appreciate all the input. Things aren't like they were just a few years ago. Guess the hunt is on!

Preacher

In my area, I phoned a couple of scrap yards and they pay 15 cents a pound to the garages and they charge 45 cents a pound if I buy from them. That is a nice little markup. I stopped into a tire store a couple of weeks ago and paid 20 bucks a 5 gallon pale (6 of them) and when I went around to the door to pick them up, lo and behold they put 9 buckets out for me so I paid about the same as what they were getting paid for the weights. Yes it is getting hard to find the freebies any more. Untimely I would love to get some kind of regular route in my area that I pick up once a month from a couple of tire shops. I about have a life time of processed WW in 25 pound ingots but it would be nice to have about another ton and then for sure I would be covered. I can see the greenpeacer crowd outlawing lead WW which will put the price thru the roof, like they have in many locals in Europe. If a person had a good supply then you could sell some to fellow shooters when times will get tough to find lead. The only negative thing I could see is if you move somewhere, alot of extra weight to transport.