RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recurve Bows

Banned
    DK

Where you at exactly?

Johnsons workbench in Charlotte would more than likely have more than you can imagine....

I have some osage, what size do you need? It is 8 or 9 yr. airdried....

Michael

Boolit Master
    Owosso 4 days a week, Standish the rest of the week. If I cant get rosewood in time I will have him use the Cherry that has been air dryin in the shop for the last 5 years. But I am going to do some checkin tomorrow to see if I can get some rough sawn reasonable priced around here.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Banned
    Johnsons Workbench in Charlotte will more than likely have the rosewood you seek, "reasonable" may be another issue $$ altogether though....they have a well stocked wood room..

I know a fella locally that owns and operates a small porta band side bussiness, I could check and see what he has...

.........somebody say boolit...or lead.......sumthin so this thread doesn't get closed......if you can find a source for Bodark, aka Osage Orange its strength and flexibility properties are ideal for bows, and when naturally aged assumes a rich warm honey/orange color.......no preservatives needed, naturally resistant to mold, rot, mildew, bugs, etc.
    Like others here, my height and length of pull necessitate a longer bow and arrow length, my longbow & recurve both reach max at 32 -34 inch pull, and the bodark takes that on a regular basis.
    USA Ranger ( Ret. )
    Life Member NRA,
    RangeMaster, Linn Creek Milsurp Shoot-Offs
    Master At Arms, NAGS
    National Association of Glue Shooters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodman51jfk View Post
    .........somebody say boolit...or lead.......sumthin so this thread doesn't get closed.......
    Does not happen here very often, it is still a projectile project is it not? bows/cats/boolits/sheep/brass/deer it's all permissable I thinks.........this site is not run by nazis with control issues like other sites, wandering into balls covered with lanolin will not even make people flinch. As long as it is healthy somewhat related, and no one is being mean or making trouble, what does it hurt?

Boolit Bub
    The riser has a lot to do with the looks of the finished bow IMO. A real nice effect is to lamiate several pieces together. I like the looks of 1/8" contrast woods or phenolic. All of this stuff is available from Binghams as well as some of the more exotic hardwoods. It's real common to see bocote and bubinga in riser woods. I used bubinga in the link I posted. I was real happy with the results.

I built one for my uncle and he laminated two pieces of walnut together and that was nice too since it was from trees in his yard.

The inlays and things sound real cool. There is a lot of wood to work with in a recurve riser so you should have no problems there.