MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Nambu, good price????

Nambu, good price????

There is a very good type 14 1944 nambu pistol for $425, it is matching and comes with one mag. Is this bad, good or fair price for this gun.

thanks, Thomas

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Japanese firearms have risen from the slime of "war trophies" to collector status over the last twenty years or so. I have two Nambus, purchased a long time ago for about $150 each and would consider your price to be at the top end of the scale. A lot would depend on condition of course and whether the magazine serial number matches the gun...many don't and if not the price should be lower. Is there a circular mark on the slide from the safety being operated? If so, the price should come down somewhat.

One caution: these pistols can be assembled minus the breech lock. It will still fire but with an unlocked slide.....not a good thing.

Ammo can be made from .40 S&W brass. Use a Winchester 30-30 sizing die without the decapping stem. Do not use a shell holder in your press, put a washer on top of the ram. Lube the case with Imperial sizing wax and push the case completely into the die, all the way to the rim. Use a brass punch to drive it back out through the sizing stem hole. After treating 50 or so cases, put an 8mm Nambu sizer in the press with a shell holder for the .40 S&W and form the cases to the correct bottleneck shape. Load normally with a boolit weighing about 90-110 grains, sized to .320 (you might slug your barrel to be sure). Use .32 auto data for starters until the slide begins to function normally.

Thanks, after a little research I've decided against it, thanks again.
    Thomas.

Boolit Grand Master

My first Nambu cost me $20 and I got 1/2 a box of reformed 38 special shells with it. By today's prices that's not out of line but wow for a Nambu?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    My first Nambu cost me $20 and I got 1/2 a box of reformed 38 special shells with it. By today's prices that's not out of line but wow for a Nambu?
    If you are "wow"ing over the $4xx price, that's the asking price for a number of excellent examples (and sometimes more). The Japanese WW II weapons are no longer the red-headed stepchildren of the collecting world.

Ed

I sold my Nambu for $700.

Japanese Model 14 Military Pistol – Caliber 8mm.

Nambu Model 14 semi-auto military pistol circa WWII. Excellent (99%) condition, appears to be unfired – includes extra magazine, cleaning rod, hard canvas holster. Serial number 89212.

Notes:

Serial Number 89212
    Date Mfd 18.9: 1925 + 18 = 1943; 9 = September

Magazine #1 – Marked 212
    Magazine #2 – Marked 18.9

NOTE: Photos removed. . .
    Last edited by Tallyman; 12-31-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    Anyone looked at the GunBroker asking price for those on now? $4xx would be cheap for these starting bids.