Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has it started again?

Banned

Has it started again?

Was at Wal-Mart earlier today and looked at the ammo case. There was no 9mm other than a few boxes of Tula. Two boxes 40 Win WB 100 ct $ 37.00. Two boxes of 45 Win WB. Not a lot in the other calibers. This is least I have seen in six months. I don't know if it's Christmas or the guns bought on Black Friday or the start of another run on ammo, ect. What have you seen and what do you think?

I bought 2 boxes of clay pigeons at Wally World last Monday and I didn't notice them being short on any ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Might be a restock of inventory problem after all the gun sales on Black Friday!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Sportsmans warehouse in ABQ is stocked to the gills.

Boolit Master

both Bi-Marts in my area are overflowing in ammo. They're even having sales on the stuff.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

you guys are so lucky regarding ammo

Boolit Master

My local wall mart shelves are fully stocked with ammo for rifles , shotguns & handguns they even have quite a few 100 & some 250 round packs of popular handgun ammo.

Boolit Master

If your local Wal-Mart doesn't sell any item as fast as the store manager thinks it should be sold he / they put it on a truck and it gets taken to a different wal-mart that is why just because one wal-mart doesn't have a certain item doesn't mean the one across town will not have it. and when you ask the normal response is we have never had that ... or I don't think we have that.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    you guys are so lucky regarding ammo
    No, it's not luck. We've fought hard to keep it. And the fight goes on.

I fail to see the problem. Being as I scrounge for lead and brass, and have done so for 40+ years, there is no such thing as "ammo shortage".

A while back it was a little hard to get primers, but planning ahead fixed that. How is it that boolit casters have an ammo shortage? I'd think the hand loader/reloader in us would preclude shortages.

Boolit Grand Master
    Forgive me if I'm missing the point of the discussion. The way I see it, if I can't find ammo for a firearm I don't/can't load for, that generates a shortage problem for me. I don't load shotshells and I can't load rimfire.

Boolit Master

I don't think there is a shortage on. Not yet. How things go in the next year might well change that and it could change hard & fast. Might bear that in mind.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I would say the time to stock-up is now. Depending on how things go in November we could be looking at a 2008 repeat or worse. Stuff is cheap & in good supply now relative to 2008. That may not be the case in 6-12 months. If you're gonna hoard, hoard now.

Boolit Buddy Charlie, AKA The Deacon's Avatar
    If you're gonna hoard, hoard now. I will second that motion!!
    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Boolit Buddy
    It's always a time to buy as much as you can, whenever you can.
    Be it ammo or components.
    We have quite a few gun shops near me and dozens of places that just sell ammo, but every time I go to town I see a price increase!

Boolit Master

I could see His O ness writting an executive order imposing a 5000% tax on gun realating goodies. For the children's health care, you know. After he gets re-elected and has nothing to loose of course.

Plan ahead or cry later boys. It's the way of the world.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

In Remembrance
    Around here ammo is kinda only in a few places and you really have to do some driving to get it. Within a 100mi radius there is but 4 places to go. But if you can afford it they have it, not all the colors of the rainbow mind you, some things a person would have to order.

The local Wally World has some stuff, and it's not always stocked, but all but the shotshell stuff is behind locked sliding glass. I go there maybe once every 6mo to a year but they seem to have most of the common stuff.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Just wait until the Commy gets put back into office for another 4+ years due to a combination of voter fraud (dead & illegals voting + box stuffing) and the fact that the Repubi-nuckle-heads can only find rino retreads to run against him and dont have the courage to put up a real man for their ticket ---

Then you will see a real run on stuff that will top even the last one

Boolit Master
    and how many times since 1990 have primers dried up?
    and with over 52% of population not paying taxes and Obama supporters all of them... what are chances of bad times ahead with more Obama in White House?

buy primers now, lay in powder and count your blessing when times are hard and you can shoot cast bullets .

Boolit Master

And the biggest problem the Republicans have is folks that won't vote if 'their' candidate isn't the one running for office. Face it, ever Republican that doesn't vote is one more vote for Obama! I don't care if Gear's rat is the candidate, it's got my vote!
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410