Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sharps

Boolit Grand Master

TX the wood on my rifle is supposed to be standard grade, at least that's what I ordered.-Don

I'm thinking standard will do when I order mine, thanks. Their idea of standard and mine differ a bit, looks very nice to me.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    TGN it sure seems Shilohs standard wood is a step above.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Bub
    Beautiful rifle and congratulations on getting it and finding out it shoots good! Regards, Jim.

Thanks Jim

Boolit Bub
    Congrats Don,
    Let me see. From the looks of that tang sight I am thinking this rifle might be seen out on the western plains of Nebraska this next year.

Yessir and even into the northern range into Montana, and if them Crow and blackfeet don't get my hair, I'm planning on makin some ruckus in the mesa's in nothern New Mexico come august.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    TGN it sure seems Shilohs standard wood is a step above.
    There is no doubt about that! My recent .45-110, #3 has semi fancy wood and it looks a fair bit better than the extra fancy wood on my C. Sharps rifles (although they aren't too hard to look at either

Chris.

When I saw this rifle being fitted to the reciever in Sept. I kniew right then and there it was a beautiful piece of wood.
    The finished product is just stunning. I really wouldn't want any fancier wood on a rifle.

Still no proper shooting evaluation, but here's what the 300 yd gong looked like after the case fireforming venture was overwith yesterday. I believe this rifle is going to be able to shoot when treated proper...

Don...how big is that plate? and your top rail looks like mine...got a smidge high with some previous shooting to get mine to look like your top rail...LOL never thought of making an H outta my gong tho...mine is made for shooting them smoken fast jacketed pin bullets tho and so is a solid 1 n 1/8th plate that is 8 inches round.

i think mine is also swelled out a bit with the gouged holes from them fast missles as well...sounds real nice tho when a 45 cal smacks it solid and the sound that my 38-55 makes really surprised me too being a good solid swat sound...but nothing rings mine like a 520 grain searing downrange ahead of that 70 grains 2f real powder.

Ted it's a frog plate from old 60lb mine rail. Measures about 23 inches , the wings are a touch over 16, and the center is about 12 inches,bullseye about 6 inches, it's near an inch thick and about all you can do to lift one end. It's hanging on 1 1/4 well pipe.
    It rings good enough you can call a 22lr hit at that distance.

cool...spent time in colorado and been inside some old coal mines there with that narrow gauge track but never gave a thought about the bedding plate for a hangin target...very cool with the inovation.

have a great x-mas brother and your 40 looks like it will be a shooter for sure. if not send it my way and ill put up with the in-accurate bugger for awhile so as to save ya the burden of it reminding you of the dollars spent on such a worthless hunk-o-iron...LOL!!!

Merry Christmas Ted.