Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MCD ProductsInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Stocking up on primers

Stocking up on primers

Since component prices have been on the rise I decided to lay in some extra when I find what is now a decent price. In the last week I have visited 3 stores which still had the old prices listed on the shelf so I have grabbed what they had, which isn't that much. The thing is in each case they rang up at the new price and in each case I was able to get them to let me have them for the old price ( they were old stock anyway). Good for me bad for them. It's no wonder some businesses can't survive.

Banned

I emptied out the local hardware store and gander mountain today of all of there fed small and large pistol primers. I picked up 12000 small pistol and 13000 large pistol. Cases were still marked a hundred bucks but the buddy at the hwd store said to expect a 30 dollar a raise per case next time.

Primers...

Last I bought was about a year ago. I always buy 5k of each at a time and I paid $170 for 10K. Wonder what the next price will be for me here? By the way, that included the hazmat and shipping, which is a good deal when a bunch of us went together and bought from a nearby dealer. I think all totalled, he had to have at least a $3000 order to absorb the hazmat and shipping. Will see what the next go round is with powder, as there are a number of us gonna order that, too and he has to have a 400# minimum order to get the hazmat and shipping paid....FWIW...
    boB...
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    Life Member NRA
    VHA #26779
    NRA Certified Metallic and shotshell Reloading Instr.
    NRA and 4-H Beginning Shotgun Instr.