WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Lee bullet feeder, lead bullets and alox?

Boolit Bub

Lee bullet feeder, lead bullets and alox?

Anyone tried using lead bullets in the lee bullet feeder kit for the loadmaster/pro 1000?

I am willing to invest the little bit of money and time modding mine work right so please dont mention dillon or lee ***.

I know its quirky at best but if its likely to feed lead I think its worth a shot.

Boolit Master
    I have had problems with the Lee autodisk in both my Classic turrent press and loadmaster sticking on certain powders, streching the chain in the load master that I would be very careful with the bullet feeder. I use my hand to load the bullet and inspect the powder drop at the same time while pulling the handle. Once a good rythem is found the handling of the boolets does not slow me down. If you use a bullet feeder make sure it does not block the inspection of the powder charge.
    Pulling more than 50 cases was a big pain. so was knocking a dud out of the barrel.
    P.S., my bench is full of Lees stuff from the loadmaster, classic turrent, challanger and a couple hand presses so I am not trashing Lee stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    I have used the bullet feeder when i had my press setup for 45acp, it worked decent once I got dialed in. only problem i have with it is, unless you are setup for a dedicated caliber on the press, its a pain to change calibers, I have read that the plastic fingers will wear out from time to time, but they aren't that expensive to replace though. I have pro1000 press's so i cant say about the loadmaster
    Have lead, Will cast

The lube on the bullet's will gum up and slow down the cyclic rate over time.
    I feed my cast by hand,but use the case feeder.

I've only tried it with purchased cast bullets with a lube coating, much like paint, so I can't comment on whether you may have issues with tumble lubed boolits.

I've managed to get the bullet feeder working once on my Pro1000 while loading 9mm, but not for loading .357.

The issues seems to be the timing as the feeder is lifting a bit early and the boolit hits the bottom of the die, knocking it out of the fingers.

I've pretty well given up trying to use it, but after seeing Sonnypie's setup for feeding boolits for sizing, I may have another go by making it a more manual operation; ie, use my left hand to operate the feeder and not the linkage to the press.

Boolit Mold
    I have a Loadmaster and have use it strictly for 38/357 and 32 H&R. I use factory HBWC and the Lee tumble lube bullets. Only problem I have had is with the Remington HBWCs and with the Lee bullets. I was able to fix the Lee problem by thinning the lube and the with the Remingtons I just remove the tube ( the same time I clean the seating plug) and push a lightly oiled patch through with the proper sized & length wood dowel.

Boolit Master
    It works fine for me. Of course, my tumble-lubed bullets are not golden brown and dripping LLA.
    System has a problem when a case is missing--no case to take the bullet so when the fingers retract, the bullet in the fingers is removed by the new bullet entering the fingers. Put a pan under to catch the bullets.