MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: 6 Cavity Molds?

6 Cavity Molds?

Is Lee the only manufacturer to make 6 cavity molds for 9mm?
    The Navy SEALS removed one Muslim threat to America.
    It's up to the voters to remove another.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I have a MiHec 6cav. in the H&G#68 clone but it was a GB deal. Tom at accurate molds is now making 5 cav. thats the way I would go if I was in your shoes!!!

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

No, but Lee is the most inexpensive (and good bang for the buck)

to my knowledge

Mi-Hec, H&G, NEI have all made 6 cavity

NOE stops at 5 Cavity on a single side

Lyman, SEACO stops at 4 cavity

RCBS stops at 2 cavity

Boolit Master
    All my six cavity moulds are H&G. I had an NEI six cavity that I trash canned. Pure junk!
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master

Well, if you're asking if Lee is the only company that CURRENTLY makes 6 cavity moulds on a production basis, the answer is yes. If you're asking if they're the only company that ever made 6 cavity moulds, the answer would be no. Some of the custom mould makers that make group buy moulds here have made 6 cavity moulds, but that's not an on-going thing. H&G used to make 6, 8, and 10 cavity moulds along with their 2 & 4 cavity moulds, and as Ballisticast now has the H&G tooling, there's a chance they might also still make them, but if they did, they won't be cheap! SAECO used to make 6 & 8 cavity moulds, but now only makes up to 4 cavity moulds. I have a SAECO 8 cavity mould I got used, and other than issues caused by the former owner, it casts nice boolits.

NOE a custom mould maker that makes many group buy moulds here makes 10 cavity moulds, but they're 2 sided moulds, 5 on each side. I would love to try one of those one of these days.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master
    Ranchdog sells 6 cavity moulds, but they are made for him by Lee.

Boolit Master

Balliticast does make six cavity. Price: $300

Tom at Accurate Molds makes a 5 cavity as mentioned above and I have been really happy with the 2-4 cavity molds I have bought from him.

Boolit Master

While 6 cavity moulds are nice, I think once you get to 4 cavities that the extra 2 cavities don't really add up to THAT much more. I would rather have a 4 cavity brass mould than a 6 cavity aluminum mould. But that's just me.

On another note, I just bought a 4 cavity H&G #163 mould (basically a #130 but with 2 smaller lube grooves) that looks like it's in nice shape, so I'll finally find out if the H&G moulds truly are better than the Mihec/NOE/Accurate Molds moulds are. I already have a 10 cavity #73 mould, but it's been so abused in it's life that it's almost junk. I've been meaning to send it to Erik at hollowpointmold.com to see if he can salvage it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet, and it's not high on the priority list, as the mould is for a 38cal boolit, and I only have one 38, and it's a snubby, so I don't shoot it too often.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

We do make 6 cavity molds. We are changing a lot of our prices to be more competitive so if anyone is interested give us a call and we can work something out for substantially less then $300.

Boolit Buddy
    I thought ballisti-cast had to shut its doors. If you are still making molds with the old H & G tooling that is music to one's ears!
    In these parts, often one's very life may depend on a mere scrap of information.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by shotstring View Post
    I thought ballisti-cast had to shut its doors. If you are still making molds with the old H & G tooling that is music to one's ears!
    New owners. I haven't bought one yet but I've heard nothing but good about them. There will be a Ballisti-Cast mold or two in my future.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member