Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first post

Boolit Mold
    Charlie.. I agree.. the Govmt isnt gonna make getting ammo any easier. Looks like its up to the shooters to keep it going. Looks like its time to learn.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Why are you calling for a SPAM hammer? The longtime member gave reference to a "retail outlet" version of Lee's website, who is also a sponsor of the board.

We recommend that site quite a bit and have over the years.

My apologies, no link and I found it curious. I will refrain in the future.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boolseye View Post
    Bullwolf–those are beautiful. Great HP mod...there is so much aesthetic appeal to our hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant44Mag View Post
    Bullwolf.. good looking rounds there. To an experienced caster they must be easy to make. But for a newbie.. Wow! I don't think that my Jacketed bullets look that good. I just received my 200 bullets that I ordered last week, and acquired a lb of Unique powder. I suppose I had better get to reloading and see what this Ruger likes. I Like the feel of the H110, but I need to see what the Unique does. I still feel that a 44 Mag should still feel like a 44 mag. Its a new venture. Years ago I had a TC Contender with a 10" barrel. The gun was soo lite it was no fun to shoot. This revolver feels much different. I like what is happening now.
    Thanks for the compliments on the boolits guys.

I get what you are saying Grant, about how 44 Mag should still feel like a 44 mag, but it's all about your platform, as the TC contender example you gave shows pretty clearly.

I have shot some stout loads through my Winchester 44 Mag lever action that were an absolute joy to shoot. I was perfectly fine shooting them through my 12 inch Ruger Super Red Hawk, yet those same loads are down right miserable to shoot through my snub-nose 629 Smith and Wesson 44 Magnum Backpacker.

In the words of one of the gun writers, my Smith 629 44 Mag Backpacker is a "carry lots, but shoot little" kind of handgun. Still it's quite good at it's intended purpose.

I get quite a bit of use out of my Smith 629 Backpacker, and at the end of the day, I would never dream of parting with it.

Lighter/shorter may be more pleasant and convenient to carry for longer periods of time, but it can get downright painful if you are shooting full power loads through that lighter piece.

I bet Unique and A2400 will more than live up to your expectations for 44 Magnum loads. Both powders offer a lot of versatility and are great choices for a wide variety of 44 loads. I still like H110 for the real heavy stuff.

Happy Shooting.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Mold
    Ok another question... I see that Missouri Bullets makes a Keith style SWC, but I see that the bottom has a slight taper kinda like a Boattail. I could have sworn I read somewhere that a taper was more prone to cause leading more so than a Flat based. ? Anyone using this bullet? Also, if there is a vendor here that makes a good Keith style boolit, you could reccomend that as well? "I like purchasing from Vendors that support the Site". Thanks again.
    Grant
    Last edited by Grant44Mag; 11-06-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: mispell

That's a bevel base and is to help with shaving lead off the bullet base when it's seated in the case. I haven't noticed a difference in leading between plain base and bevel base boolits.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Mold
    freakshow.. thanks for the reply. Im just trying to make sure of what I am puchasing. Thanks!