MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data

Thread: M1 carbine cast boolits

M1 carbine cast boolits

Anyone have a load with 120 gr. cast boolits out of the lee (90364) mold for the M1?

Boolit Bub
    That is currently my favorite mold for casting M1 carbine bullets. You can even shoot them without gas checks but accuracy will suffer.

Boolit Master

I use 115gr 311359's for our annual M1 carbine silhouette side match to commemorate D-day. Awesome accuracy out to the 200 yard rams. I load them over 11.5gr 2400 with simply excellent results.

Boolit Master
    I've used this mold. 12.5 296 with GC.

I'm fixin to load up some cast gas check boolits for my carbine and was wondering how you can load only 12.5gr when minimum for the 110gr load for h110/296 in Hodgdon manual is 14.0gr? I'd like to use the same powder with my cast boolits but don't want the problems that come with loading down that particular powder. Where did you get your load info from?
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mustanggt View Post
    I'm fixin to load up some cast gas check boolits for my carbine and was wondering how you can load only 12.5gr when minimum for the 110gr load for h110/296 in Hodgdon manual is 14.0gr? I'd like to use the same powder with my cast boolits but don't want the problems that come with loading down that particular powder. Where did you get your load info from?
    Lead is different than jackets. 12.5 works for me, I might bump it up a little for next year.
    I got the info from this site.

I understand that there is a difference I just thought that with those two powders that you can't load it down as it will cause erratic ignition with resulting pressure problems. Glad it's working for you. I'll look into it more. Thanks
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Buddy
    I use that boolit with 11.7gr 2400 and get the best results of any other load. It does shoot slightly high and left of other groups. Don't know why.