Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Dave Corbin and Richard Corbin dies.

Boolit Bub

Dave Corbin and Richard Corbin dies.

I currently have a Dave Corbin "S" press with a few Dave Corbin "S" swage dies. My question: Will the Richard Corbin swaging dies fit and work in the Dave Corbin Press? UPEgger.

as far as I know is that it does not work because the die are different in size.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the info. UPEgger.

Richard makes an adapter for his press so that you can use Dave's dies.

Boolit Master
    Richard has actually made S dies for me in the past. Not sure if he still will, worth asking though.

I have gotten the feeling after much reading that Richard Corbin may NOT be a big Fan of S.dies.

In his website he seems to offer an adapter for his press to accept the brothers
    "weak S. dies." "his words not mine"

I only see the larger H type dies on Richards website

Maybe it's got to do with why they split the blanket??????? Who Knows???

Whatever the reason they both offer stuff that no one else seems to be bothering with.

EXCEPT Some of you guys HERE on the Forum are stepping up to the plate and offering
    some new things ,,Like BT Sniper and others like the Gas Check guys,,,,and those of you making presses.

This is when the Internet works hooking people up with common causes,,,like befor it became all commercial after 9-11!

Boolit Bub
    The reason for the question about die interchangability is. I do not want to wait about a year or so for a swage die. Been there done that. I am needing a .451" 1E SWFNCB (semiwadcutterflatnosecupbase) swaging die for the Dave Corbin S press.

Quote Originally Posted by UPEgger View Post
    The reason for the question about die interchangability is. I do not want to wait about a year or so for a swage die. Been there done that. I am needing a .451" 1E SWFNCB (semiwadcutterflatnosecupbase) swaging die for the Dave Corbin S press.
    Your frustration is something that has been worked over on the boards here - we know there is a need and a market for dies and swaging equipment...

I think we are seeing some move to fill this with the newcomers.
    Just fold copper on lead...

Boolit Buddy

451's

What do you want to make 45-70's or LC?
    Inequality is to try to make Unequal things Equal Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    I want to swage 45/70 lead bullets for paper patching. Am I right in assuming that LC is lead core? I have a set of Corbin "S" dies for .440" and .448" diameter. Both semi wadcuter cup base. I like the concept.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Swageocast View Post
    I have gotten the feeling after much reading that Richard Corbin may NOT be a big Fan of S.dies.

In his website he seems to offer an adapter for his press to accept the brothers
    "weak S. dies." "his words not mine"

I only see the larger H type dies on Richards website

Maybe it's got to do with why they split the blanket??????? Who Knows???

Whatever the reason they both offer stuff that no one else seems to be bothering with.

EXCEPT Some of you guys HERE on the Forum are stepping up to the plate and offering
    some new things ,,Like BT Sniper and others like the Gas Check guys,,,,and those of you making presses.

This is when the Internet works hooking people up with common causes,,,like befor it became all commercial after 9-11!

Richard's WH dies are 7/8-14 threaded just like a standard reloading die except made for swaging presses. his H dies are larger for his larger Hydraulic presses. S-dies from Corbin are a 5/8-24 thread .
    Bret

Boolit Buddy

45-70

I want to swage 45/70 lead bullets for paper patching. Am I right in assuming that LC is lead core? I have a set of Corbin "S" dies for .440" and .448" diameter. Both semi wadcuter cup base. I like the concept.
    The term LC is Long Colt, like 45 ACP is to the auto. Both Richard & Dave are really good at what they do.

Boolit Bub
    Blaster; I agree that Dave Corbin is good at what he does. I know nothing about the brother. I have been happy with Dave Corbins products. Just not happy with the delay. At age 74 I now want everything yesterday.

Boolit Buddy

45-70's

Blaster; I agree that Dave Corbin is good at what he does. I know nothing about the brother. I have been happy with Dave Corbins products. Just not happy with the delay. At age 74 I now want everything yesterday.
    I hear what your saying, I have bought thousands of dollars worth of corbins stuff. I have been luckey in getting stuff when a production run was done, They have a in stock page on there site that has a lot of lead swage dies that are in stock, and gun broker too.

To all,,,

That seems to be the trick with ordering swage equip. ,,,,,having the funds when Corbin or whoever has just finished a "run" of that particular caliber at the time that you order.

Probably begs a phone call to whoever your buying from first to determine availibility.

But always be prepared to make several phone calls to get a human being ,,,this is NOT a lack of customer support but just the way smaller speciality companies are working now days!

Corbin pretty much always worked this way and explained it as keeping the price managable point of view, by not having a huge staff to support.

Corbin has say in the last 15 years taken great strides in making most of his information available on his websites,,,,and yea it, they seem to be alittle overwhelming at times.

I have managed to find solutions to most of my questions by reading in depth and looking at ALL his websites,,, there are like 4 of them and some are for orders only & have "AVAILABILITY" information on them .

I have had a VERY POSITIVE experience with BT SNIPER and his offerings,,,REALLY NICE machine work,,,,will follow up with the functional report but I HAVE to believe from others that all is good.
    Im reworking my Load/Swage bench and have everything tore up at the moment.

Swagocast.