Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky

Thread: 41 Rem mag GC

Boolit Bub

41 Rem mag GC

I need some help to find GC to 41 mag. Lyman have some moulds who is constructed for GC but the problem is nobody produce that kind of GC any moore. That is not the Hornady/Gator type. ( is it sombody who nows a producer?)
    What kind of GC is the most comon for 41 mag ?
    Where can i find it ?
    Its a friend of me who have bought a Dan Wesson 41 mag.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Get some sample boolits from your buddy. Measure the diameter of the bottom of the gas check shank, and the length of that shank to the base band. Post back those numbers, and we might be able to find a check that will fit that boolit. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Felix !
    I be back soon.

Boolit Mold
    I use Hornady 416 cal. gas checks with my Lyman #410610. 47tip

Boolit Master
    I would suggest that you get on the next gator group buy. I have some and the quality is way above lyman. I do have some of the lyman check left over. I am not sure what the postage would be though.
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Bub
    Felix now i have same figurs Dia of shank is 0.3996-0.4015 lenght of shank is 0.2283
    un size bullet is 0.4114
    Number of the Lyman mould he use is 497 another number on the mould is 410610 B

Boolit Bub
    Thanks 7BR but problem is that use of regular GC dont fit this bullets i think it is for a old lyman/rcbs GC who is not produce any moore.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The largest check internal dimension is 0.395, and it is called the Lyman check from Gator. This check would currently be your only choice. The 416 checks are about 0.005 smaller in internal diameter. Best bet would be to obtain a ball bearing that will fit inside the check for about 1/3 the way into the check. Hit the ball bearing with a very, very light hammer to open the check up some. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    Has your friend thought about having a machinist increase the gas check shank to full diameter? There was a thread somewhere that explained the process. I think Lloyd Smale might have started it.

How much of a problem would it be for me to mail you 5 of the gator checks and 5 of the lyman checks? I have never mailed anything international before.
    7br aka Mark B.

Cast Boolits Owner

Mark b, Sven is in on a GatorCheck Group buy that will be going out my door next week. If you are serious about sending him a sample and he is ok with this idea then I suggest you send them to me to be added to the shipment that is already paid for and heading his way.

PM Sven and if he is OK with that idea then send me a PM and I will follow up with my address. You should be able to get them to me for the price of a stamp....

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by 7br View Post
    Has your friend thought about having a machinist increase the gas check shank to full diameter? There was a thread somewhere that explained the process. I think Lloyd Smale might have started it.

How much of a problem would it be for me to mail you 5 of the gator checks and 5 of the lyman checks? I have never mailed anything international before.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Another less than ideal solution would be to use .44 cal checks. They will size down. I wrote about that on this board before I got the Gators.
    7br aka Mark B.