Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: Couple Of Mausers

Boolit Bub

Couple Of Mausers

Put these together myself.the one with peep sight Turkish dated 1936.Scoped is Nazi 98.Both 8mm. Thanks for lookin Flinter62
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pistol 003.jpg   pistol 002.jpg   ALL 072.jpg  

Real nice clean lines and good work. Very attractive rifles. How do they shoot?
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Bub
    Gar,Thanks for compliments.Both shoot good got deer with scoped rifle with JBullet.Going to work load up for the RCBS 32-170 soon.

Boolit Bub
    Beautiful rifles, very nice work. I too am interested in hearing how they shoot. Best of luck, Jim.

Boolit Master

Nice figure on the '36 Turk.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    Very nice. I especially like the classic schnabel forend on the stocks. I have always had a great attraction to schnabel forends......I don't know why. Very pretty wood, as well.

Boolit Master
    Nice work. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Boolit Mold
    Those look great. How do they shoot? I had a friend who bought a Mauser at a small store in his home town for really cheap. He even got some rounds for it that looked like they were loaded in WWII. It shot straight as an arrow. I'd love to have a Mauser.

Boolit Master
    Nice wood on those!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Nice wood on those!!!
    yer are they store bought or did you shape thrm yourself? very nice
    i have a k.kale turk that would look nice in that wood ,its already got a redfield rec sight on it.
    very nice,,,,,,
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Grand Master

Very nicely done

The 8x57 is a very fine cartridge with both jacketed and cast bullets. I have been shooting that cartridge in numerous M98s for many years with complete satisfaction. My favorite cast bullet for the 8x57 is the Lyman Lovern 323471HP but I have to admit the GB C326-190-FN is also a fine bullet. I used many of the 160 PB'd cast bullets cast by a now defunct commercial caster over Bullseye for a very nice plinking and small game bullet. The GB 323-151-FN does just as well now. Wonderful cartridge and, again, those are very nice looking rifles.

Larry Gibson

I have always admired Mausers and really like what you have done with yours. The 8X57 is an under rated round in my opinion.

As an oddity I bought a few boxes of 8mm ammo at a gunshow some years back. It is Czech made 15.5 Gram (240gr) jacketed softpoint that has a shiney polished steel looking jacket. The bullet is very long and sticks wayyyy out the front of the case! Box lists 2.45 Gram (37.8 grains)of powder in them.

Boxes of ten have $1.50 marked on them.

I bet these would let you know you touched one off! Both ends!
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine