Inline FabricationMCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2

Thread: sights

Boolit Man

sights

A friend gave me 2 pederisoli vernier rear sights to try on some of my old antique rifles.
    I have not decided whether to keep them or not. If I decide to keep them what would be a good price to pay him for them?
    He said they are a gift as he has better sights and will never use them but I feel bad not paying something.

gunnut14

Keep 'em!

Eventually, on some occasion when you're crossing a deep river bridge...roll down your window and toss them overboard!!
    "The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by RMulhern View Post
    Keep 'em!

Eventually, on some occasion when you're crossing a deep river bridge...roll down your window and toss them overboard!!
    Mr. M.:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about those sights! Well, maybe not! Swearing isn't allowed.

Gunnut14:

They're not the best sights, that's for sure. But, if your obligated to pay your friend something, I would think $50 each would be a fair price.

FWIW

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    It really is a rotten shame that a company making gun as good as Pedersoli can't or won't put a really good tang sight on their guns. It's a real pain to pay good money for one of their guns then spend almost as much on a good set of front and rear sights... Just my dos centavos..
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

RRR I think Rick said it about as polite as he could.
    And I will say it as polite as I can I got a Ped Quigley rifle 14 ? years ago and shot it twice with the best Ped. soule sight and that flip flop sight ended up in the weeds behind the firing line at the range.

Boolit Man
    Thanks guys,
    He said about the same as you but I have a thing about" free".
    I do not think he would be offended if I gave him nothing but for some reason it just seemed wrong to me and he is a great guy and I would hate to lose his friendship.

gunnut14

If he is giving it away he must not like it. Mine i gave I to the weeds because i didn't want someone to get aggravated like I did

Boolit Buddy
    I would NEVER give Pedersoli sights to someone that I liked.
    What did you do to p!$$ him off ?

AND I would never post them for sale here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    If he is giving it away he must not like it.
    Not necessarily so. I frequently give things away to other shooters to keep them interested. I have no knowledge of these particular sights but perhaps he was trying to give you a set of sights better than the ones you already have? they may not be the best sights in the world but if they peak your interest in shooting, how bad can that be?

I have given away parts, reloading equipment and firearms to others just to keep them involved in the sport. I would have been offended if the parties recieving them paid me for them. They were gifts. Accept the gift graciously.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.