Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Better stock up on brass, primers and powder

Boolit Grand Master
    I wonder what they are using those satellites for ....really,
    get pretty detailed info from weather satellites but they only let you go so far
    they could be watching now !!!
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

In Remembrance
    Thats been going on for decades, it's nothing new at all. Back in the 70's I saw a photo taken from space of a guy reading a paper. And you could read the headlines too.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Man
    I have a few primers and powder that are over 30 years old and still good. Stored properly they will last a long time. I may get some negative comments but if you really want to know what is going with this administration read the writings of Cloward & Piven (obama mentors) and Sol Alinsky's RULES FOR RADICALS. Obama taught from this book in his college class. If you do this, everything that is going on makes sense. It's not just the 2nd ammendent, it's everything this country stands for.

Boolit Buddy
    Folks are fearing the re-election of Obama.

the everlovin' press is on his side and we will have to climb a mountain to defeat his minions. It's an uphill battle, truth be told
    billy boy

Banned

I think he is dead meat. Ticked off even most of his own whacked base. Not to let up on the battle, but his days are numbered for sure.

Banned

This morning's headline-

New polls confirm Obama's Democratic base crumbles

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...crumbling.html

He'll be toast with another November like landslide. America is ticked off. Enough.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    This morning's headline-

He'll be toast with another November like landslide. America is ticked off. Enough.
    I hope you are correct. His fundraising is unfortunately for us, doing very well. None of the GOP are even close. It's early yet.
    I am praying he is one term.
    The media is doing everything they can to carry him over the goal line.
    billy boy

Boolit Grand Master
    These are some of the same conversations I heard when the last election was looming...
    what became of the gun seizures ?
    and the run on reloading supplies and shortages were very real
    but the hype and hysteria about what someone might do is well.... being played...
    all this dooms day scuttle but does no one any good
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'll tell ya my fear is that in the rush to get rid of the of the 1st zebra the majority will do something stupid like electing Ms Wild Willie.

I've begun to hoard a little myself $100 cash outta pocket change,street pennies,and laundry dollars.kinda laundering the money before I swap it for the good stuff. Maybe I ought to get some reversible jackets and dark glasses too.

Its time to get constitutional again here and now. A Canuk once said to me "We oughtta strike a line due north form the Mississippi and call it East America and West America cause' the nuts I Quebec act just ya most of new England acting. All that's left then is to get Cali-gon's western non-conformants shipped to East America." I agreed30 yr ago still do although it'd be a damned shame to waste the hardwoods and millions of deer. All them good folks like most of you here would of course have to move. In 20 years We call in the loans and buy it all for about what we paid for Alaska. Better yet we give them a little longer and they'll turn on themselves and there wont be anyone left to say we can't have it back..........................

I don't want to take up arms anymore than I want to head for that mine/cave but as a" little Patriot" 1 must do what 1 must. Ben Franklin was just as right then as he is today for all the same reasons and in the same context.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I would love to agree with you Pat. But it all depends on who runs against him now doesn't it.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I love America and it's people, but I must say, most people are driven by what they see in the media, and for that reason I fear Obama's re-election. I pray that it will be otherwise.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

I just used my Cabelas Visa bucks to buy some .450 Marlin brass yesterday.

Mainly because that stuff can't be made from anything else and .450 Marlin has an iffy future.

My .02 worth - the Wall Street money men that helped buy O the office are already lining up behind Romney, who is the biggest fundraiser on the R side. Just sayin'.
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus

This morning's headline-

Sometimes you need to let things stink it up before it is agreed to flush.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned

if it's yellow, let it mellow

if it's brown, flush it down.

Boolit Master

I would think now is a good time to stock up on primers and powder just in case. I expect another shortage around the election even if Obama doesn't get elected, but if Obama does get reelected it should last a lot longer. Some Wolf primers are only 15.50 at Powder Valley right now, and almost everything is in stock. With the election only a little over a year a way, a bit of stockpiling now is not going to cause a shortage, but if we wait till a few months before the election we will only contribute to the panic buying we had last time.

Romney isn't exactly progun, although he should be less of a problem on the second amendment than Obama. Hopefully if he gets elected he will behave himself on gun issues. However, if Obama gets elected, I expect him to have a whole different agenda on guns in his second term. Whether he could get anything through the house though is another issue, but he can certainly cause us grief with BATFE and excutive orders and other mischief that he can cause without congressional approval.
    Last edited by happy7; 08-31-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Boolit Master

Saving spent primers

I had a buddy in high school, long, long ago, that helped me learn more about reloading than I learned from my dad. Hal saved all of his spent primers in old coffee cans. I asked him why and he told me that shooters in WWII could not get primers for reloading and they saved the spent primers to make new ones. I do not remember how it was done, but the idea does have value....

It will be a while before I run out of the new stuff, as I tend to load in volume to feed my addiction. How many people do you know that have over 1800 loaded 45-70 rounds?
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Spend a little less time looking for primers and more time paying attention to what the politicians are up to.

I have: That's why I'm buying all the Lead, Primers, Case's, and Powder I can afford!

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

When the Law no longer protects me from the Government
    The Law no longer protect the government from Me.

Boolit Master

Happy7,

Right after Bush got re-elected I said the same things you just did. I knew the next President would be a democrat.

I stocked as hard as I could. Up until about a year from when they started their campaigns and the prices started jumping. I was done.

I still haven't needed to buy any components and have actually sold quite a bit.

Plan ahead. People change slowly, times change quickly.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Bub
    Blammer that sounds like toilet conservatism!