MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Obsession pistol

Boolit Bub

The .455 Fosbery is No1.

(That other gun, the Mateba 6 Unica, is **** compared with the Fosbery but I sort of like it all the same).
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Ben Franklin

Well you don't see either one of those every day!

Browning Hi-Power. Got a few miles on her, but still pretty and a great shooter. Mostly stock except for match-grade barrel, and I bobbed the hammer a bit and did a trigger job.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HiPower.jpg  

Boolit Master
    The P-35 is the hadgun I'd much prefer in any serious encounter, but I parted with the only one I'd owned long ago and never got around to replacing it.
    I had a NAZI marked P-35 a friend found in a steel box while settling his father in laws estate.
    He left it with me to clean and find out is value.
    I's considered buying or trading for that old war trophy but having read of dozens of Belgian employees of FN being massacred before the rest would submit to making guns for the NAZI I just never fellt right about that pistol.

Anyway the one handgun I still find fascinating is the 1851 Colt Navy. Everything about the design speaks to me.
    I have a replica 51 and my Brother owns a real 1851 battle field find, still in shootable condition though beat up and showing the effects of many years in the ground.

The 1851 is one pistol that I'm fully confident in placing the first shot exactly were I want it under any circumstances. The grip is perfect for my hand, and for almost every other hand on the planet.
    The way the curves of the grip frame blend with the rounded recoil shield and tapered flat sided portions of the frame to the barrel lump and then into the precise octagon of the barrel is a work of art harking back to the days when gunmaking was still a blend of more art than engineering.

Interesting question.

My regular carry throughout the week, is a Taurus PT145, and the honeymoon with that was over long ago. It has never failed to feed and fire anything it was fed. The double strike capability, double/single action, and positive safety on it are main reasons for that purpose. Plus, if ever confiscated, would not break my heart.

The one I fish out of the safe, almost every weekend though, and keep in close proximity for around the house, is a Glock 20 loaded with near maximum load 165 grain 10mm Gold Dots. External ballistics on that is wicked. With a 15 round magazine, the total energy in such a light package is considerable. Total energy to weight ratio thing I guess.

Something about that gun, that gives me an "any conditions" sense. It would be the one I would select for SHTF conditions, as an open carry pistol. Too large for a concealed carry, by my preference. Many consider the grip to be overly large, but for me, it is feels "right".

Not the prettiest, nor finest, but it has an "aura" of power and reliability. The honeymoon is not over with that one. Just my preferences there.