Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

My screen name is just my first initial, and my last name. Kind of unimaginative.

My avatar is a picture of an M110 howitzer, eight-inch, self-propelled. When I lived in California, I served first as an enlisted medic, then as a lieutenant in the 1-144 Field Artillery, California Army National Guard. The guns are all gone now, changed over to rockets, but I loved those old things. We had three-gun batteries (which is not very many guns compared to a 155mm battalion) but they shot a 200 pound HE projectile, and could put them into a barrel at 18 Km all day.

I have also served in the 9th Infantry Division, 1-41 FA (Pershing), 196th FA Brigade TN Army National Guard, and 28th Division PA Army National Guard. I'm too old and fat now to do that any more, but I do miss those days.

Wayne

Boolit Man
    My avatar is a "flaming pisspot", the symbol of ordnance and munitions workers. The name, Bomberman, comes from the fact that I've been in the bomb building business for the military for over thirty years plus it's the name of a game that my kids used to play where the guy goes around blowing stuff up to solve a maze type puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    My avatar is a picture of an M110 howitzer, eight-inch, self-propelled.

I loved those old things.

Wayne
    I've hauled many, many turret bearings for those howitzers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomberman View Post
    My avatar is a "flaming pisspot", the symbol of ordnance and munitions workers. The name, Bomberman, comes from the fact that I've been in the bomb building business for the military for over thirty years plus it's the name of a game that my kids used to play where the guy goes around blowing stuff up to solve a maze type puzzle.
    The Radford Plant???

Boolit Master
    My screen name is the caliber of one of my Dan Wesson revolvers.

No avatar...at least, not yet.

Last edited by 375supermag; 06-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    My screen name is the caliber of one of my Dan Wesson revolvers.

No avatar...at least, not yet.
    Take a picture of it!
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Grand Master
    yep thats me
    avatar pretty much self explanatory
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    I got into the whole gun thing late and as such I had to find a way to catch up to friends ands family that had already started filling thier cabinets. So, I started wheelin' n dealin' in whatever I could afford to get ahead. Turns out reloading dies were a cheap thing to buy and sell. Not being able to buy the 5-6 guns someone was selling, I'd buy all the reloading equipment. Keeping some and selling the doubles to pay for the occassional gun. It's a slow way to fill the safe, but what can you do. Nobody else was into the reloading equipment at the shows, so it was kind of my thing. There was a time when I had in my collection over 100 different calibers. Now I'll probably take the same path with molds. Hehe

As for the '59'. As a car guy, the #1 car on my list is a 1959 Chevrolet El Camino. First year of production. The 348 tri-power, cat's eye taillights,the lines, analog gauge pods and oak bed...beautiful!

Creativity will hit and I will eventually have an avatar. Hopefully sooner than later

Boolit Master
    My avatar is pretty obvious. It's a picture of a black Labrador asleep with it's tongue hanging out, so it looks like its giving you a raspberry - thpppttttt!

I love Labs, and there will always be a couple of them in my life. I have a black Labrador sitting at my feet right now while I am typing this up.

I like buffalo, bulls, and wolves... so the name sort of called out to me.

- Bullwolf

The P is the first letter of my first name.

My Avatar is last years deer hunt. The one on the right is a buck and he was a long shot with a 308 Win. heavy barreled Winchester Stealth. It has a match chamber and fire lapped barrel.

The doe on the left is my first deer with a hand gun and my own 452424 boolit. 8.5 grains of Unique, it went through and broke her back. It was snowing and the last day of the season. It was a sleaty and snowy day, infact that morning, I lost a doe from the same deer stand. I brought the rifle up on her and in wet snow, I had a foggy scope. The sight picture looked good enough so I fired and she fell and stayed there. I figured DRT and waited about 5 minutes. I climbed down and walked over and she was gone. I think she ran as I was climbing down because I didn't notice her departure.

I was in a sliver of woods between a picked bean field and a swamp. She fell near the swamp and thats were she went. It was snowing hard and heavy and branches were breaking in the woods from the weight of snow and ice. I tracked her in the swamp till the water got too deep for my boots and went back for higher boots and to warm up. Not wanting to wait too long I went back out in a hour and tracked to the other side of the swamp. From the blood I could she was bouncing off of trees and having trouble but I lost her at the edge of the swamp. Too much snow. From there I searched for 2 hours; in one place I could smell a deer like it was laying near by but nothing.

That whole time I left the rifle at home and was tracking the Blackhawk in my pocket and it was alot easier to navigate the swamp that way. The .45 Colt BH is what got me into casting and it did a number on that deer in the Avatar

Boolit Master

Many years ago in another life I was piloting a NYCPD cruiser down through a city street on a very heavy emergency call (a cop needed help NOW) and a Taxi Cab has double parked on a narrow street and with my siren screaming and the turret lights flashing this brain surgeon opend his drivers door just as I was passing him by at about 45 MPH.

I took off his door and kept on going to the call. I was the first help to arrive at the scene and my partner and I were able to help him subdue a very large and nasty felon after he had cut his wife into tiny little pieces with a machete.

Some time later we were called back to the Precinct as the taxi driver came into the station house to make a complaint. We discussed this with the Desk Lieutenant and promptly issue a citation to the driver for failing to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle and opening a door into a lane of moving traffice.

He was not a happy camper and from then on my Police friends called me Crash Corrigan.

The avitar was a photo I found on the internet and I immediately stole it. I always pack heat when riding and it is usually riding in a brown leather holster on my right hip. This very visible way kind of prevents folks from cutting me off and doing other nasty things when I am vunerable on a motorcycle.

Plus that darn photo is just WAY COOL!
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Name comes from a trip to the local gun show where I plunked down $79 for an M91-30 that my son could call his own. A fellow outside asked me what it was, so I responded in my very best Russia/Belgian accent; It's a Mosin Nagant. (Moe-zeen-nah-gaunt). My accent must have been off, because he asked if I said "mossy nugget". My son and I were amused. That rifle and I both go by that name. The Avatar is an Anime character named Jigen from Lupin the Third. He is known for making unlikely pistol shots such as shooting the buttons off your pants and causing them to fall down.

Mine is pretty explanatory : God-n-Guns .... The two great thing in life .......

Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Buddy
    hiram1 is masonic thing

My avatar is a clownfish playing in his anemone.

This is actually my clownfish that resides in the Reef Aquarium in my living room.

My screen name is just a generalization of me - I am a Texan obsessed with .30 cal US service weapons and I have found few things more enjoyable then slinging lead out of them!

Hi guys, I guess this is as good a place to make my first post as any... so here goes
    My name is parts of my full name twisted about and my avatar is the regiment I was in when I was in the army. I was in the Royal Canadian Regiment. ( to all my American brothers...before you ask ,Yes Canada does have an Army!!!) Had to beat you to it!!

Boolit Master

Hitch, tried to think up a good dig or joke about Canada and an army, but couldn't come up with one right away. Welcome to Cast Boolits!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

My Name and a Picture of Me.

Simple and to the point.

Gets the message across better.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Hitch, we know you have an army and some dandy snipers in it too.

My names Art - some said I was full of it so - that made up Artful
    The car is one on several avatars I use depending upon the board
    it's one of the most bootiful I saw in a museum display "curves of steel" that came Phoenix
    1938 Delahaye model 165 Figoni et Falaschi Cabriolet
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ht=1936&page=2

Some other avatars I have used

Boolit Master

Name is Tom the ADC stands for Chief Aviation Machinist Mate avatar is a navy chiefs collar device. Started using Tom-ADC on navy forum and it sort of stuck.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006