Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data

Thread: Buck(y) Beaver

Buck(y) Beaver

Hi, have any of you tried the "Buck Beaver Bullet Caster's Flux" (or something like that) that's on sale on evil Bay?

Well, I got a jar of it, and I think it's the real deal. I used a little to flux my pots (casting, and sprue/refill pot) today and had the absolute best casting session I think I've ever had. It's not like marvelux and it doesn't coat your pot with (cuss words). It sizzles some, but ends up being what appears to be ash (works fer me).

Best of all, I use a bottom pour Lyman, and I thimk it got rid of most of the carp that seems to settle out and end up in my bulljits. This is what I wanted to try it for. Seemed to remove something that was interfereing with casting too, as the melt casted cooler, flowed better, was less temperamental, and there were less inclusions.

I won't stop using crushed charcoal on top of my melt, and I will still flux by stirring with a stick, but I think I'll hit both pots with a little of this at the first of each casting session. Viva los cast boolits!
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Banned
    Sounds good but could not find it on eBay.

In Remembrance
    Do a search for Beaver Flux . it will show up.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned
    Thanks Charlie. Got it. Its called Buck Flux and looks real good.