Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O-ring sizes?

Boolit Master
    nah, my post office box is within a block of all the stores so gas there is the same no matter what.

Boolit Buddy
    Best place to buy Lyman parts is direct from Lyman. Cost is very cheap from memory and the service is hard to beat. Last time I bought a swag of items to reconditiom my 450, everything seemed to cost $1.00. Peter.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ihmsakiwi View Post
    Best place to buy Lyman parts is direct from Lyman. Cost is very cheap from memory and the service is hard to beat. Last time I bought a swag of items to reconditiom my 450, everything seemed to cost $1.00. Peter.
    I'd rather have what I need in my hand today. It makes no sense at all to pay more and wait for shipping when I can stop at the hardware store and be back in business inside the hour.

Boolit Man
    I just ordered 2 o rings and 2 pressure screws from Lyman for $20 shipped.With the price of gas the way it is i figured i saved money and aggravation.I saw pressure screws selling on ebay for between $15 and $20,Lyman sells them for $6 and all o rings were $1 and shipping was $6.
    The lady on the phone also told me that size of o ring is kinda hard to find.I don't know if she was just trying her hand at salesmanship or if she knows something but by reading this thread I'm beginning to think she knows something.
    All the time and gas money you've spent driving around looking could have been spent casting,lubing or shooting.Ordering from Lyman may be a bitter pill to swallow now but if o rings last 5 or 10 years IMHO it's worth the price to get the o ring that you know will fit the first time.
    INFIDEL 4 LIFE

Boolit Master
    i look at all the driving around searching like finding lead.

Boolit Bub
    5-10 years?????????? I am on my second tube of lube, and I already found a broken O Ring on the pressure screw!!! 1 month old!!!!! I will try my hand with the hardware store ones if these things break every month!

Boolit Master

The Harbor Freight O-Ring kit for $10.00 has supplied all of the o-rings I have needed for several years and I have'nt used 1/4 of them. Many sizes to fix many different things.

Larry