RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Littleton shot maker

Littleton shot maker

Anyone have any input on the Littleton shot maker? Shot prices are skyrocketing in my area. I have been seriously thinking that a shot maker is in my future. I can get plenty of wheel weights and cast with them now. Adding a shotmaker seems the way to go if they actually work for a hobbyist.
    Yer pard,
    Howdy

Banned
    They are well worth the money...I had one for years....just remember to either chalk or soapstone the drop plate regularly and you are good to go....I dropped mine into a 3/4 filled 5 gallon bucket of 20%ballistoil and 80% water mix...but I have heard of others using pink machining fluid...i used other solutions also...but memory fade keeps me from remembering...

just remember you have to dry (black tarp in the sunshine works good) and graphite the shot...it was more dinkin around than I wanted to do, once I quit shooting clays on a regular basis...and I sold it...

last time I bought a bag of shot I about //// myself....I should have kept it...I think I may try to make one someday...project # 1,440....

Michael

Try a search. There was a thread a year or more ago that had some very good info on the subject.

Jerry

Boolit Mold

Shotmaker discussion.

He is a 16 page discussion on running the littleton shotmaker on the shotgun world website.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...er=asc&start=0

Also here is a guy that made a complete production line from a lttleton machine.

http://www.prescott.myrf.net/ShotMak...mPictures.html

Mark
    Last edited by holycross; 12-02-2006 at 04:56 AM. Reason: bad speling

Boolit Master

Picked up an interesting tidbit from the thread at shotgun world about "stick-on" ww. I don't know if it's true or not but they said selenium was added to some of the stick-on varieties for chrome wheels. I don't think I'll melt any shiney stick on weights in the future! Very interesting thread on shot making. Nick

Thanks pards,
    That is some great info there. I think I need to put one of those shot makers on my Christmas list.
    I found out today that my local toystore quit handling shot altogether, since they said they can't hold the price on it, since there has been so many price increases lately.
    Since I love to cast anyway, I can let the shotmaker run while I am casting boolits.
    Some good advice there and thanks.
    Yer pard,
    Howdy