Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recycle those spent primers!

What has happened in Canada is a good lesson for American gun owners. Rights are eroded gradually until we have none

Most of people have the attitude that they can never do that here. Problem is they can and will if we don't stand up for our rights.

Boolit Buddy
    They can dig mine out of the "sanitarylandfills" in a hundred years when they start mining them.:takinWiz(always wanted to use that smiley))

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    NVcurmudgeon:
    . . . . . . .

that got me thinking.....
    are the "Anvils" in a primer steel or brass?
    Good question ~ my guess would be since dissimilar metals can experience galvanic electrolysis, it would be the same or nearly the same as the cup mat'l. . .?

bought my last 3 guns and all my casting and reloading equipment with scrap brass

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    The anvils and cups of regular cartridge primers are all brass. Shotgun 209 primers have a steel outer shell and shouldn't be mixed with brass. I put all my spent primers and old keys and plumbing scraps and junk cartridge brass in buckets together. I've got 7 buckets full to take in. Been saving since the market price dropped in 2009.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Just took in a 5 gallon pail of scrap range brass. I got a $1.70 / lb. worked out to $105 for the pail full. I live 40 minutes away from our range and if I remember to pick up discarded brass at the range, it pays for my fuel. I like the tip on the primers, I stopped saving them (now I know) when I mixed shotgun primers with pistol and rifle primers. The scrap dealer rejected the whole works. Once upon a time, I could walk down the street with my .22 rifle and head to the outskirts of town to shoot gophers. Today I would be reported and detained by the police for questioning. My how times have changed.