Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WalMart handling guns again!

My local WM built a Super Center maybe 5 years back. Even being in a rural area they didn't handle guns anymore. Yesterday I had to go in there(I don't enjoy it) and about fell over when I saw the new gun case full of boom sticks. I doubt that they will ever carry reloading supplies though.
    If it doesn't shoot an ounce of lead, its a wimp load.

Boolit Master
    Personally I could care less. The guns, ammo, and hunting gear they carry doesn't interest me in the least. Don't get me started, or I'll rant 'til the cows come home about Wal-mart and their approach to marketing.

Boolit Master
    " Best thing ever to happen to Amarillo was to close the base."

Did my Basic Training there.

Boolit Grand Master

Well if ya don't shop at WalMart here, Ya better have deep pockets, and drive a long ways.
    No,,, I don't like it, but with $3.69/gal gas, I ain't going out of my way, to avoid spending less, at WalMart. My SS check won't allow me, to bite my nose off, to spite my face.
    By the way, the guns are back here also.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    " Best thing ever to happen to Amarillo was to close the base."

Did my Basic Training there.
    The reason I said that was we got out and hustled up some private business and quit depending on the government, seems that when you have a large government payroll you get complacent.
    And mold maker is right if you want to pay more good but I can't afford to.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    I agree, Freightman. Locally, an Army base was closed and the land turned over to the adjacant cities. In a very short time, commercial enterprise replaced government dependancy and the communities are the better for it -- even with the establishment of a new state university campus -- and new roads have done much to relieve traffic congestion. In fact, 15-years after the base's closure, there is still much private construction under way.

Our Wally-World has only been here a few years and never had real guns until a few weeks ago, (odd considdering our rural area). I ask the sporting goods manager what happened, he just shrugged and smiled, "The old manager finally retired."

About a year ago the old manager got rid of a lot of sewing supplies also, the wife couldn't even buy needles for her Singer machine, (again odd considdering the Amish we have in the area). Maybe the old manager was "helped" into retirement.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

The only Walmarts that I have ever been to that didn't carry guns were either in NJ or Houston. My local one even has Mini-14s on the shelf. One that I went to in Kentucky had the black powder guns out on the regular shelves where the 12 year olds could reach them.

If it wasn't for the fact that those guys hawk so much stuff from China, & beat up their US vendors so badly, I could actually come to like that place.
    Last edited by JIMinPHX; 04-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovesjammie View Post
    Our Walmart sells sells guns, ammo, and reloading supplies. At $25 per pound of powder and $35 per thousand primers...they don't get alot of my business.
    Those aren't good prices? I can get CCI small pistol primers for just over $30 per K locally. Others are higher. The powders run the gamut from $25 up to nearly $40 for the VV stuff. I can find it cheaper online, but the dang HAZMAT fee ruins it.

Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Armorer View Post
    Those aren't good prices? I can get CCI small pistol primers for just over $30 per K locally. Others are higher. The powders run the gamut from $25 up to nearly $40 for the VV stuff. I can find it cheaper online, but the dang HAZMAT fee ruins it.

Armorer
    Not when I can go a block away to Scheels and get the same primers for $25-30/1,000 and powder for $18/lb.

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovesjammie View Post
    Not when I can go a block away to Scheels and get the same primers for $25-30/1,000 and powder for $18/lb.
    More power to ya man! I wish I could get those prices here.

Locally I'm seeing powder for $16-$25/lb depending on what it is & where I buy it. I'm seeing primers for around $35/M with some popping up on sale around $30/M from time to time.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Master
    we have 2 wally worlds in town. one carries no guns or ammo, but tons of fishing supplies(its also in the ghetto) and the other has a very good selection of guns, but just a few lures and hooks.

it tends to work out pretty good.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Our Wally World still sells guns although they refused sales to anyone during the last few days before Katrina hit. They still have a ammo purchase limit that is crazy. You can't buy more than 4 boxes of any ammo that fits any handguns at one time. That applies to 22's also.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    Guess I'm just lucky. The Chambersburg WM has guns, ammo and reloading supplies! (15mi.) The Garland Groh WM in Hagerstown (11mi.) has a good selection of guns&ammo as well! And by the way....the sporting goods managers at both stores know me on sight and do actually talk to me. It's not that I buy a lot, but I take the time to actually...you know..talk to them. They're just folks trying to make a living just like me. And the young lady in the Chambersburg store probably knows more about "stuff" than I do! I still buy at gun shows (a new S&W Bodyguard yesterday) and the local gun shops. All my muzzleloading stuff comes from Ft. Chambers Gun Shop. (20mi.) Audie....the Oldfart..

Boolit Master

I could care less if Wally World carried any firearms or related materials. Their prices aren't good enough for me to give them my business over a local gun shop.
    They don't appear to carry very much stuff anyway, and I HATE those seasonal stocking issues. You can't get some things in the "off seasons".
    USMC 1980-1985

Boolit Master
    Our local gun shops sad to say what few there are are run by crooks and scam artist and are rude. If I am going to be treated like a child and criminal I sure am not going to spend any money there.
    Frank G.

Our Wally World just got guns back. According to the one fellow in SG(local police officer) it was the main office and not the manager that took them out. I have been told many times that the manager has little control over what he does or does not stock.
    Before Obummer the .22 500 packs were $7.97, now they are $19.97! Glad I stocked up before.
    I try to buy from local Mom and Pop businesses but can only stand so much higher prices. I buy most of my essentials there as the few other stores just don't compete price wise.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy
    Personally I despise Wal Mart, but .. AGGHHHH I hate that word...But.. occasionally if I don't have time to load up a bunch of .30-06 rounds I'll pick some up at the local Super Store. They don't sell guns but if I drive to the next town ( Arcadia) they have a bunch. I think it depends on the location of the store. Arcadia is pretty much a farming and ranching town, and the demand for guns greater than metropolitan areas. I just need to make more time to reload, that's all !!!!
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

I live in a town of 160,000 people and Walmart carries some ammo but no guns. Academy carries both guns and ammo. Nobody carries reloading equipment and supplies. There is a hardware store 30 miles away that does. However, I just order online.

Back in the great hoarding after Obama's election, I stocked enough powder, primers and gas checks to see me to the grave. I have all the reloading tools and bullet molds anybody would ever need. I have about a ton of WW, but would like a couple of tons more.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.