WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Ruger Buckeye

Generous Donator

Ruger Buckeye

Well my quest for one under $600 finally ended yesterday at the Albany Oregon Gun show. Couldn't help myself and brought it home. It's the 32-20/32 Mag model. One less gun on my have to find list.

Boolit Master
    Good for you. Stupid question, are these built on the single-six frame or something larger?
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Banned
    Built on the Blackhawk frame with a steel grip frame. I love mine that i scored about three weeks ago.

Boolit Master

I know I'd complain if I were hung with a new rope but I sure wish mine was a 5 1/2" barrel. They do shoot good and .32 Long in the .32 Mag cylinder is like shooting .22LR.

Good score./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    I had one of the buckeyes in 32 also. It was a most accurate revolver but I felt it was just too heavy for a 32. I felt if I was going to pack the weight I wanted to have more power so I sold the 32 BE and bought a 357 Bisley. Now that Bisley is a fine shootin gun!
    I still had enough $ left from the sale to get a good jump on a project to convert an old model single six from 22 to 32.
    Now I have the 32 in a weight that seems more appropriate to the caliber at least to me and I have that fine shootin 357 Bisley for a little more that what I got for the BE.

Generous Donator

I like my single actions to have at least 6.5" barrels. Everybody has preferences. I have a couple 1905 S&W's and a Garate in 32-20 and a Ruger sp101 in 32 mag to compliment this gun. I take the single action Rugers when I deer hunt as we do have Cougars and Black Bears in pretty good numbers around here. I really don't even notice them when carried in a shoulder holster.

congrats on finding your gun.

i'm getting pretty interested in the 32 calibers. don't know why, but it's just a neat little cartridge. I think i'd have to have the Buckey's 32H&R cylinder chambered to .327

I'm almost tempted to just buy the 8-shot 327 BH...........but blued is so much sexier, and that 8 shot cylinder just don't quit look right....... However, for the right deal i'd be really tempted.

Good you got hold of yours,
    c.r.
    "Then one day I heard "Reach for it, mister." I spun around, and there I was face to face with a six year old kid."

In Remebrance

I have never even SEEN a Buckeye. I did get a gunshop a day after they sold one for $250.00 a few years back. "Who would want a 32?" they said. Cretans.

My interest revolves around the 32-20. I should probably just look for an old 30 Carbine and have at it.

Buddy bought one at the last big Louisville gunshow (1200 tables). He paid $700 OTD. Haven't tried it as yet, but it's in "as new" condition. The deal said there wasn't much interest in it...some collectors but few others. Seems very heavy for the caliber in that 6-1/2" barrel length. I've got a Single six in .32 Mag with that bird's head grip that I like a lot, but wish it had the adjustable sights. Getting it on target for my hold was a bear...don't ask. Rod

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mark View Post
    I like my single actions to have at least 6.5" barrels. Everybody has preferences. I have a couple 1905 S&W's and a Garate in 32-20 and a Ruger sp101 in 32 mag to compliment this gun. I take the single action Rugers when I deer hunt as we do have Cougars and Black Bears in pretty good numbers around here. I really don't even notice them when carried in a shoulder holster.
    Good choice ,I like to feel like I am holding something and 6.5 barrel sounds great too,give me a holler when you get a good load worked up,like to see a range report,been eyeballing one of them for some time might have to save awhile and hunt one down,glad you scored one !

Boolit Bub
    Crazy Mark

Try and find another 32mag cylinder on gunbroker or where ever. The blackhawk cyliner can be throated to FED 327 then you would have all the 32's. I have also been looking for the buckeye special. I own a 32 acp, 32mag and the FED 327, although the SS Ruger vaquero is my go to gun when walking in the woods. big calaber guns are fun to shoot but they waste to much lead IMO. Saeco 325 and Lyman 311316 shoot about the best in my guns. You will really enjoy this gun and when you get tired of it let men Know

Boolit Master

Cylinder at Brownell's

I believe you can get a cylinder at Brownells and have it chambered in 327 for your Buckeye. I have been considering doing the same for my Buckeye. The fact that i have the 8 shot Blackhawk in 327 has also got me to thinking about the 32-20 cylinder for it. I have not gotten into the idea deep enough to determine if the 32-20 is too big for an 8 shot cylinder. Such are the daydreams of a retired gun nut.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hind sight really is 20-20. I remember seeing one of the buckeyes in a gun shop in San Diego for 325.00. I thought it was too big for a .32 at the time, now I wish I would have bought it.

Of course, if I had known just how much fun could be had with a .32 H&R I would have bought one of every model that Ruger and S&W made for the cartridge.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Nice gun but mine felt too big. I think a mid frame would be handier, if it's long enough. Still wouldn't see em hit the paper though.

If anyone is still looking for one, pm me...

I've got one in the safe and I'd rather have one start using it

Thanks,

Chris G. ...in MO

Boolit Master
    Love the 32 family. Have Blackhawk in 327 Fed. Shoot 32 auto, 32 Long, 32 mag, and 327 Fed. The 32 Fed I have 30 rounds of commerial i dont plan to use too offen #2 Long mis a great taret fun round. . Loaded to 22 RF energy for indoor shooting

Boolit Master

32 Long

Fun accurate plinker
    Last edited by Shooter6br; 06-27-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

hurray for you

Congrats on a great find & well priced ,too...If I frequented the Wet Side,and came by first it might have been mine. No so,But that's OK,because I still had $ avaiable to fund another goal..As of tonight,the other Buckeye Special (38/40 & 10 MM) NIB, will soon be in hand..(after YEARS of trying)..Have wondered too long on what the 38/40 might do in a modern sixgun,but the New Service is too expensive a platform nowadays to wring the cartridge out..Enjoy, Idabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Generous Donator

Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Congrats on a great find & well priced ,too...If I frequented the Wet Side,and came by first it might have been mine. No so,But that's OK,because I still had $ avaiable to fund another goal..As of tonight,the other Buckeye Special (38/40 & 10 MM) NIB, will soon be in hand..(after YEARS of trying)..Have wondered too long on what the 38/40 might do in a modern sixgun,but the New Service is too expensive a platform nowadays to wring the cartridge out..Enjoy, Idabull
    That sounds good on the 38-40/10MM. I've seen several of them but would have had to buy more moulds, die sets etc.. for one of them. Hope you enjoy your new one also. Mark