Don,

Good lord Jamison don't make 3.25 brass, KW
    The Lunger
    look and learn
    http://www.jamisoninternational.com/...p/ji45120s.htm
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Why bother,

The Norma stuff works just fine and is cheaper.

KW
    The Lunger

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Hmmm offshore producer or USA manufacturer.... where have we heard that before? lol

Boolit Mold
    Kenny,
    I have a Borchardt project going. Purchased a reamer to Shiloh specifications and bought 50 pieces of the 30-40 Craig that had been reformed by Buffalo Arms to 40-70SS. I sent my gunsmith 5 pieces of the BACO brass to be used in headspacing the rifle. He informed me that the 30-40 Craig brass had 0.006 variation in rim thickness in those 5 pieces. Have you noticed this with your brass?
    OPS
    "Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Yeah Don,

you bought a chinese made Scope? Thats funny as hell in my book, Best look to your own house pard before calling someone else out, Good lord I dont know what the hell you got up your Tail but you need to give it a rest. The jabs are getting a bit tiresome. I Am sure I wont have the pleasure of you attending my match this year.

KW
    The Lunger

Boolit Master
    OPS,

I have had as much as .004 difference in Rim Thickness and have sorted out the worst ones.

Kinda am hoping the Jamison stuff is better but not holding my breath.

KW
    The Lunger

I only have .44-77 brass from Jamison and the rim thickness is the first thing I checked when I got it. The rim thickness is .074" and I only went through about 25 cases and looked no farther. I only found 1 case that was .075".
    I haven't turned down a case neck so I cant say if they have any run out or not. I will do this after I fire them at least once.
    So far I think the brass is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Wasserburger View Post
    Yeah Don,

you bought a chinese made Scope? Thats funny as hell in my book, Best look to your own house pard before calling someone else out, Good lord I dont know what the hell you got up your Tail but you need to give it a rest. The jabs are getting a bit tiresome. I Am sure I wont have the pleasure of you attending my match this year.

KW
    The Lunger
    Well lets see here KW. You first said Jamison was Bell, not true. Then you said they didn't make 3.25 in brass, not true.
    Norma Brass , Swiss powder,,, glass houses and rocks come to mind...
    Yeh I bought the Chinese built scope for a US Company, from an US company, also bought the quality mounts from a well known US bpcr maker.. With all the Cabela's gift cards etc I had the scope was the only thing that came to mind I particularly wanted, got the entire deal all in and all done for about the price of a set of MVA mounts,Now I've explained that deal to you twice more than needed..
    Ohhhh my lets see been to 2 of those matches in 5 years, get any hints there?....

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Let me see....I post a simple question about getting a few empty cases....next thing you know it's 2 pages of p...ing contest that has nothing to do with the original question. Lighten up guys. And Kenny....thanks for the PM...I'll get hold of Buffalo arms and ask them for the cases you recommended. I have tons of Krag brass so I want to use those and not a speciality case.

Boolit Master
    Shooter93,

Your welcome.

KW
    The Lunger

Shore wish SS 40 70 would come back so we could quiz him more on his brass transformation. Can't imagine a guy going by the handle SS40 70 not knowing what kind of gun he was shooting or what brass he was using to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    It would be a 40 krag not a true 40-70 SS. I did a 35 Krag on a Krag action and I'm thinking of doing a 40. I want to test feeding because often when using straight cases through a Krag it gives you problems.
    The question does arise, tho , if you already have a 35 krag and " tons" of Krag brass wouldn't it be much easier to expand the neck on one of those 35 cases and use your own instead of asking strangers for their brass?

Also you might want to pm Bullshop and ask him about this 40 project I believe (altho I could be mistaken) that he did something similar on a krag action not long ago...

Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by semtav View Post

Shore wish SS 40 70 would come back so we could quiz him more on his brass transformation. Can't imagine a guy going by the handle SS40 70 not knowing what kind of gun he was shooting or what brass he was using to make it.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    Anyone shooting a round based on blowing a 30-40 Krag case straight out to 40 caliber, much like a 40-70SS. If so I need to buy 6 empty cases for a small experiment before I make up some rounds and have a reamer ground. thanks.
    Send some?... no. Not that they are gold plated but they have been modified. Yes, I use the 30-40 K brass re-drawn/sold by BACO in my 40-70SS. My gun is a custom job based on a Win 1885 action. I'm sure the chamber was cut to old specs. The only problem I had with the 30-40 parent cases from BACO was that the rim thickness was too great... that lead me to believe my chamber was cut to old specs/thinner rim?. I turned down the rim thickness by turning down the base so as to get near zero headspace. The primer pockets stayed deep enough for large rifle primers and had the side benefit of being a better depth fit for the large pistol primer. I can use either primer but have noticed no difference in load performance.
    No, I have not seen irregularities within the BACO batch of 30-40s reformed to 40-70SS. If you had your smith cut the chamber to accomodate the rim thickness of the 30-40 reformed then probably no issues.

BACO brass made for the Shiloh rim recess and some for the C-Sharps there is a difference in the rim thickness

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Don...I didn't ask anyone for their brass...I offered to BUY it. And yes I have a pile of 30-40 brass but I currently have no way to fully expand it to 40 caliber. Kenny pm'd me a good way to get what I need so as I posted I'll take that route.

I've got 4 Rem-UMC 30 us brass with .060 thick rims left over from the 8mm swede debaucle. If you want them I can run them thru the sizers and M dies I have and get them opened up to .410.
    Let me know, they'll be free gratis, only need your snail mail addy, but with this blizzard going on here will likely be Wed or Thursday at the earliest before I could get them out to you.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Don...if you can expand them to 40 caliber I'll send you some of my brass to expand for me.

I can run them thru .348,375 and finally .410 M dies.

Could also fireform them in my 405.