WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stainless Steel Media questions answered here.

Does the stainless media do OK with 223?
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Mold
    I just ordered 6 lbs tonight. i hope its as good as everyone says.

Boolit Bub
    S.S. media w/lemonshine and dawn in a rodary tumbler works like you wouldn't believe w/deprimed .223 .45 .40 ect. brass. Just make sure you rinse it well before you dry brass otherwise it will leave spots

Boolit Mold
    I got mine in last week. It works really well. I still run it through the vibrating tumbler to polish the brass. It all looks brand new when finnished. The one thing I like about all of this is the heavy metals and lead dust is all gone before its polished. In my opinion I think its healthier. I goofed up and left 50 pieces of 3006 brass sitting in the tumbler over night. I dont know if the stainless steele reacted with the brass but it turned it a light shade of black. It all polished off later. I would highly recomend it if you already have a sealed rock polishing tumbler already.

That sounds like the carbon bonding to the brass. I bought my SS media from the guy (Mark) who did all the research that started the whole thing. I found out about it here. Some of those boys get real picky about stuff. BTW, Mark found that the 400 series SS (magnetic) in .040" dia x .25" was the best over all. I've never had any pins stuck in any case, from 25-20 to .50BMG, but I use a media separator that's half submerged in clean water. After a few back and forths in the water, I give the separator a few vigorous shakes over the sink before dumping the brass onto a large clean towel. I gather the corners of the towel together and kinda move all the brass around inside. I deprime my cases before tumbling. I love the virginal appearance they have when they're dry. Real shiny and purty.

Wayne
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant

Boolit Master

"MARKS" Stainless Steel Media and Tumbling method with the Thumbler's Tumbler model "B" high speed 15 pound tumbler is the BOMB!!!!!!!!

PM "Zuke" for "MARKS" contact information.