Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow, snow, snow

Boolit Master
    Yeppers, just got done updating my credit union web site (from home) for tomorrow's closure. Somehow we've managed to maintain power.

This is a MAJOR event for Oklahoma.

I had a huge drift at the back door that I had to dig thru just to get the dogs out to p.......,well, you know. Had to fish one of the dogs out of the pool as she tried to 'cut' across and avoid the drifts. Ice was too thin. Got her in and warmed, and she is doing fine.

Not looking forward to the cold temps.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Now to tick you all off. I am in the foothills, 1800 Ft. eval. of Northern CA. For the past week we have had sunny days in the 60's. Had one night of rain, sunday night and back to sunny days and blue skies. That one rainy night was the storm that went though here and headed East to dump all that snow.

Our snow pack in the higher mountains is well above average and will give us plenty of water in the coming spring and summer. We might just sell some of it to Southern CA..

Boolit Master

And here I set in the Ohio valley, Ice and snow to the North, Tonado and storm warnings South and we have rain. I am OK with rain. The wind is forcast to 45 tonight and tomorrow with some heavy gusts then cold
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master

Well, we're sitting on around 14 " now and getting half inch of ice tonite. I need for this winter to be over. I've seen enough. Took a vacation day for tomorrow. Come on, Spring. enjoy Mike

Boolit Master

geeezzzz i cant see 25 feet out my backdoor at least 15" new snow got to love northen illinois
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

I got 20"+ work shut down so I had to go play in the reloading room.
    What a hard day. Lol

Boolit Lady

It's 22 below zero right now here in central Wyoming, but at least there's no wind. When the wind finally comes, it will warm up. Just glad to be inside right now!

Boolit Master
    This has been one strange winter! I live in far northern Maine where we are just about begging for snow and we're going to miss this big one too! All of the big storms have been south of us and there's just barely enough snow for snowmobiling and skiiing. Bangor, Maine is 2 feet above their snowfall average for this time of year and Caribou is 2 feet below normal. We have two world cup biathlon events, one in Presque Isle this week-end and the other in Fort Kent next week-end, pretty big deals for Aroostook County, Maine, and they've had to make snow for those events. We'll probably get ours in March and April.
    Maineboy

Banned

weekly thing up here. Have to laugh when icy roads stop the world down there. theres icy roads up here for 4 months out of the year.

In Remebrance

Snow? Pfffft! I woke one morning to 46" of "partly cloudy"!!!

Everything is shut down here, the cowards. I'll be in the woods today, assuming I'm not flat on my back in a snowdrift fixing something. It's winter, nothing new.

Boolit Grand Master
    16"of new snow fellers
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    Think I would rather blow snow out of my driveway than mow my lawn in the summer. I hate to sweat, but sure enjoy soup and coffee when I come in from the cold. To each his own I guess!
    1Shirt!
    Ditto for me. A shot of brandy always helps too.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

i'm not sure where the brite side is but out here on the open plains ( and yup in the blizzard (which is/was a small one by most standards ...) most our snow blows to parts further south but that blowin part is unrelenting and cuts rite thru ya no matter how many layers one wears , i think the brite side is also the downside , it's cold enough not to melt and it was a dry snow so even tho i dug some out i'll have to redig it out again later , they state that the winds should taper of to a breeze later this evening ( BTW ? around here a breeze is about 20-25 MPH - it's not a wind until it gets to about 35+ and that's what we had yesterday ) ya'll stay safe ! my pup seems to waste no time smellin' stuff in this stuff taking care of biz is a record breaking proposition for her ( and i cant say i blame the poor shorthaired old girl )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Quote Originally Posted by old turtle View Post
    Is not this "global warming" a real problem? Here in Tampa we just had the coldest Jan. on record.
    They mis named it.

Boolit Master
    Down here in SE New mexico (the desert) its +4 and a wind chill of -10 with about 3" of snow . I know that nothing for most of you guys , but it big news for down here.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

got -31 with -51 wind chill only a couple inches of snow. Can't get in car cus the doors are frozen shut...time to reload some stuff. come on spring,reloading is fun but so is shooting.
    Stay warm out there!

Boolit Master
    Those of you impacted by this storm have my sincere sympathy and best wishes. We had a somewhat bad day here in Southern Calif, it only got up to 61 deg and will not get back to the mid 70s until friday.But all that aside please stay safe we are all in this together.
    jim

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Man! Around here this morning it feels like winter in a place where they actually have winter. 28 degrees and 20 mph winds. That's downright chilly for "The Valley Of The Sun". I actually used the heated seats in my truck this morning. Oh, well. It'll be back to normal in a few days.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

We dodged the bullit. Weather service was calling for 1/2 of ice and 3 to 6 inchs of snow. No snow. Now ice. Its 41* and sunny. Warmest its been in over two weeks. It is gettin alittle breezey, gust to 45.
    Phil

I would rather die on my feet than
    Live on my knees.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by old turtle View Post
    Is not this "global warming" a real problem? Here in Tampa we just had the coldest Jan. on record.
    True global warming, not the political hype, is happening and it causes changes in weather and extreme weather, not everybody getting warm.

It's going north of us, gonna be in the 70's here today and in the 40's tomorrow!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!