Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Subsonic Roosky (7.62x39)

Boolit Master

Subsonic Roosky (7.62x39)

I've started this thread to consolidate loads for the this specialized loading. I'm currently working with my IO Inc. AK, and will post all of my findings here with this weapon. Please feel free to post all subsonic Roosky data here, whether it comes from an autoloader or bolt. Lookin' forward to seeing all your results here fellas!

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    OK, first post.

12 grains 5744 / 200 grain Fatter 30 / 1150 FPS / sized .316 with Lar's Carnauba Red
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

TL312-160-2R sized at .311 over 4gr. Red Dot is a nice subsonic. Manual bolt operation obviously, but accurate as all heck out of my AK and comparable to a .22lr for noise.
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Master
    In my Sako m92 that is similar to this in the pic (inc. supressor) I use 0.80 g (12,34 grs)VV N120 behind Lapua D166 J-word bullet. Weight for D166 is about 200 grs.
    Functions flawlessly with berdan primed cases. Boxer needs a bit bigger doze of powder.

S

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    y'all got me thinking on these sub sonic loads.I have a early ruger 77 in 7.62X39 with a .308 bore.for cast bullets I have the lee 160 tl,RD 165 gr and lee 185 boolits.data is real thin on subsonic loads with cast.what would be a good starting point.
    thanks
    pete

I have a whole bag of x39 brass with small primer maybe they would be better for sub stuff?
    High Hook

Boolit Buddy
    I have both a Yugo sks and a Rooskie sks. The Yugo has the gas switch to turn it from semi-auto to single shot manual load and the Roosie is semi-auto only. Willl these subsonic loads operaqte either in semi-auto mode?

Tom

Boolit Master
    I visited range couple of days ago and tested 316299 calibrated to .313 in my Sako m-92.
    I did not had VV:s N-120 so I substituted it with VV:s N-110.
    0.70grams was enough to kick out the spend case, but not enough to chamber a new one.
    0.80 gave one multifuntion with first round, but the rest 9 rounds worked the action flawless..
    0.90 worked also perfectly.
    Temperature was -15 celsius..

I will fine tune the load later on.. Now it is a bit too cold to spend time in the range, as it is over -20 celsius..

I do have Hungarian AK-47 with milled receiver, that I could test the load also later on.
    That does not have supressor in in though..

S

I use a 311466 over 2.5 grns of Trail Boss.. Will not cycle the action on my sks. depending on temp It will stovepipe jam. I take the gas pistion out and reinstall the gas tube. seems to work well and groups better with piston out.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'm working with an yugo sks ,despritly trying to get it both clean and shooting . 9:5 of Unique is showing some promise under a 200 gr full spire point and HP'd at 192gr . Although the tweeking isn't done the load shoots about 2"@25 yds and at 4000 ft msl seems to be just sub-sonic running from 1050-1140. This is a 1 off boolit and doesn't even try to cycle the action with little to no flash even in the twilight ,my latest shooting was just about 15 min after legal sunset.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    VV:s N110 is pritty close to 2400.. Maybe it is possible to substitute N110 with it.

S

Boolit Master
    Hush Hush..

316299 and 314365..

S

Any one else developed subsonic loadings for this cartridge. Im looking for 200grain boolit loads.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have loaded my boolit above with IMR 4350 at mag length for the sk s at 1700 over 25 gr being a single hand feed 22 gr in the high 1400s at mag length I think that at 18 gr you would get it . That bbl is 24" with the port at about 19.5 .
    The shorter bbls should slow it down. Both loads were clean and probably around 32-35 kpsi . This was paper patched as that bore was 305x316 with a 319+ throat.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    I'm working with the D166 myself to make a load to function my WASR. I'll stop by here once I've had time to take it to the range.