Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Molds.....just amazing.

Banned

Accurate Molds.....just amazing.

Check THIS out: Eleven days from placing the on-line order to the finished, custom made-to-order mould arriving at my door. It just doesn't get any better than that. Tom at Accurate Molds is first-rate.

Gear

What do you have there?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Looks like a heavy .45... Como on nasher, don't tease like that--give us the specifics!
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Banned

It's one of Accurate Mold's standard catalog designs, 45-230-L, made to my specification of .453" nominal driving band diameter with clip-on wheel weight alloy. I really wanted a design similar to the Lee tumble-lube 230 2R which has a great nose profile for .45 ACP, so I e-mailed Tom to see if he could make one just like it with two standard lube grooves and a plain base, he suggested this design which was exactly what I wanted as-is. He can make just about anything you want from one to three cavities, and once he writes the CNC program, it becomes a cataloged item. BTW, these are lathe-bored, that's how he can tweak the dimensions for each mold as desired.

Gear

Super Moderator

..............The thing looks too nice to use!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Awesome molds they are,,,,I really appreciate my two!!!
    Dave

Boolit Master

I have bought two from him and they have been fantastic to work with. The order process was a joy. Catalog shows CLEARLY and exactly what you getting. And hardly any waiting, oh yeah; reasonable price with quality work. What's not to like?
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Master

Just wish he made them smaller than 30 cal, could use a good custom in 7mm and 270 (6.8)

Banned
    Can't wait to get mine.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Is his web site in the sticky area someplace ?

Jack

Boolit Master
    It's on the last page of the mold makers sticky up top Jack. I believe it is accuratemolds.com.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ..............The thing looks too nice to use!

..............Buckshot
    You're tellin' me! I'm afraid to even mount the handles on it, might scratch the pretty brass. The cavities are cut so well they look like they were polished to a mirror shine, probably the result of good, free-machining brass, sharp tools, and a really tight CNC machine.

Gear

Accurate molds web addy

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    Beautiful! I don't own a brass mold, but the pictures sure make me want one!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Thanks for the site Pearson1662 I went snooping through the stickies too for good measure . Got a few nice pictures here and there but I'm not the one who can open PDF files so about all I can do is look at the nice stuff others have posted .

As nice as they look , they remind me of a Brass mold I got from NEI about thirty years ago .

Jack
    Last edited by Jack Stanley; 12-23-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Sooo, how was your NEI mould a bad thing?

Gear

PS dowload and install Foxit Reader if you have no PDF reader on your computer or don't like Adobe Acrobat, it's free and works as long as you don't need to print the files.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Sooo, how was your NEI mould a bad thing?
    I think it was meant as a compliment, as in "They look so nice they remind me..."

LongPoint
    That is truely a thing of beauty. If you don't mind me asking, why 2 lube grooves instead of one larger groove? Just wondering.

LongPoint

Boolit Master

DANG Gear that is some kind of nice! Let us know how they shoot...................

............if you ever get up the gumption to take it off the mantle and actually pour hot lead into it!!!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Banned
    I dont know why the two lube grooves on his, but mine is designed with purpose. I have heard that h[ollowpoints tend to have greater stability because the center of gravity is towards the rear. My design isnt a hollowpoint, but I used t6he principle at play here, by making the front lube groove considerably larger than the rear, thus pulling the CG to the rear. As soon as I can narrow down my leading issue, and can settle in on a set diameter, I will be ordering one of these beautiful molds.