RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: RCBS Cowboy Dies

RCBS Cowboy Dies

Did they drop these? I was ready to order a 45LC set and looks like they dont make them anymore?

Boolit Grand Master

Heck, I didn't even know that they HAD a cowboy, let alone that he was sick.
    Last edited by MtGun44; 11-28-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Now that's funny. FB

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    They are still made and sold by many stores like Mid-South, Midway, Graf's. They are set up with two different size flaring center plugs for cast bullets. The 45 Colt comes with a 452 and 454. The die set works and I have three sets of them. You could just change out your center piece if the rest of your dies work. They are nice looking dies and just the correct size. I found that they load a much better round than the Lee Dies but you pay for them.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    I have been using these for several years to load .44 Special cast bullet loads.
    I realize they are a little spendy...but they have a neat old-timey look to them.
    I get a little bit of a nostalgic feeling when I am using these dies to load up a few hundred of Skeeter's load.
    I sometimes sit back and take a break when using these dies to contemplate what it would be like to sit around a campfire with Skeeter, Elmer and Bill Jordan and talk about guns and reloading and hunting, with the horses tied up nearby and a wolf howling in the distance... Makes me smile...a sad smile, 'cause they aren't here anymore, but a smile because they once passed this way.

Boolit Master
    Not too long ago, a few months maybe, I ordered just the internal sizing inserts (Midway) for a few calibers I load to be used with the 45 Colt internal size die in my set. Now, I can not say the rest of the set does a better job of their niche of the process; but they certainly do well.

prs