Load DataWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite hot sauce and how many bottles ?

Boolit Grand Master

Sriracha Sauce

El Yucateca Chipotle hot sauce, Tabasco, or my current favorite, Huy Fong Sriracha sauce.
    Available at most, if not all Asian food stores. Another great product is Sambal Oelek Chili Paste from the same brand, Huy Fong

http://www.amazon.com/Huy-Fong-Srira.../dp/B0002PSOJW
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I like the original Lousiana Hot Sauce and different flavors of Tobasco sauce. I've tried some of the crazy hot sauces like Dave's Insanity and You *******. There so hot you can't really taste'm. I bought some Habanero sauce, but can't remember what the brand was. It was a Mexican product. They have it in a red and a green.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Master

I keep a bottle of Cholula on my desk for lunches and a bottle in the Winnebago. At home, we use the original Tabasco. Just found out about the Tabasco Chipotle a week ago. Great stuff. Going to inject it in one breast of the turkey I'm smoking/frying Thursday morning. Should be great in there.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by roverboy View Post
    I bought some Habanero sauce, but can't remember what the brand was. It was a Mexican product. They have it in a red and a green.
    El Yucateco. (the green is hotter)

Thanks Zxcvbob. I couldn't remember what it was called.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

El Yucateco in all the flavors or the sauce we make out of pure red carribean habeneros and vinegar and garlic and onion. I just bought some ghost chile powder on fleabay and it is powdered fire.

Boolit Master
    Redhot or Tabasco Jalapeno
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhappy View Post
    I like the hot stuff as much as the rest of you but for every day eatin' I just like Tapatio. Don't like the Tabasco because it has too much vinegar for my taste. Many of the real hot HOT sauces are just looking for the heat and don't have a good flavor. I can make things as hot as I want to, but the flavor is what I'm always looking for. I also find my taste changed at different times of the year. Sometimes I like a little more heat than other times.
    Triggerhappy, you wrote my post. That is exactly where I was headed with Tapatio. I get it by the quart bottle and transfer it to a smaller bottle for ease of use. I'm thinking of buying the gallon bottle next.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Buddy
    Franks, Tabasco Chipotle or Tobasco Garlic pretty well cover what I like. The Tobasco Garlic can be hard to find at times so when I do find it I get a few bottles.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I have bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast and I put a pretty generous splashing of Tabasco on the eggs.

My Chinese wife makes a chilli oil and I just love Koon Yick Wah Kee Chilli Oil which I was using long before I met my wife. It is made in Hong Kong. Awesome stuff and available in Chinese / Asian supermarkets. It is a red oil and is in a tall tapered bottle. Goes a long way!

http://www.koonyick.com/index.html

The stuff I like looks like the bottle second from th eleft on the top, although it is sold in a different bottle here.

I am about to plant chillis and will be making my own sauce later. I am planting Jalapinos and Hot Lantern Chillis which are a frost tolerant chilli and will allow me to extend my chilli growing into march/april when it gets cold and slightly frosty here (I'm hanging upside down on the other end of the world as we speak).

I don't mind Lionel's (Savage300) Chilli jam either. It is labelled 'Bit Hot.' That sums it up nicely. I would prefer it with a bit less sugar, but it is nice. I once had some on bread and butter
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."