Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quantify CB craziness?

Boolit Buddy
    Waco very true about "one mans trash...." after I asked about craziness, I recalled one night my wife and I took the kids out for dinner. As I was stopped at a stop sign and was looking for crossing traffic, I thought I saw a few wheel weights on the ground in the sand, Sure enough while running errands the next day, with out the rest of the fun bunch, I intentiionally went back there and sure enough found a handfull of "another man's trash" - A few other friends, just can not get over the fact or understand that I cast my own boolits. Sometimes I have to put in perspective for them - Hey I make a product that is no longer or not comercially available - If you could remake parts for you first year Corvette wouldn't you?

Boolit Master
    WACO, I can understand that. I bought a 5 gallon pail of lead at the scrap yard last week and it had 2 bars of solder in it. I remember saying Wow!!! LOL
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

I have to have a definition of CB craziness. All of this behavior seems perfectly normal and sane to me. What are you guys thinking is crazy?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Grand Master

Think we are all somewhat crazy together. It is sort of an addiction, that allows us with less than an over abundance of money to shoot more, get burned on occaision, cause condom shooters at the range to raise their eyebrows, etc. etc. etc. Still (after all these years) always get a kick out of the guy who shoot a couple of hundred rounds a year (maybe) telling me that cast won't shoot.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Beekeeper
    Hello Bill,
    My name is Jim and I too am a cast boolit aholic.
    I have taken over so much of the garage in the past 4 years as I have spred out that I have trouble getting the car inside.
    Like everyone else SWMBO sees it as time taken away from her shopping but allows it as it could be bars and beer.
    At least she knows where I am "most of the time"

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by That'll Do View Post
    I'd don't have a problem with cast boolits. Now if I couldn't have cast boolits, then I'd have a problem.
    Perfectly said.

Gear

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Well, I always been a one bullet/load combination for all I shoot,,,,,now comes the exception of casting for 2 differnt calibers/chamber, I find myself with 3 molds and 7 different boolits to load the 2 with,,,,,way beyond my norm.
    Dave

Boolit Master

msp2640 -- Have you figured out by now that what you've done is the equivalent of a drunk going into a bar on quarter-beer night and asking, "are we drinking too much?"
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Buddy

I have gotten to the stage that I can not pass up any old nice molds in any cal. that I might load for, let alone wheel weights from parking lots and intersections.

I have to admit that 35 years ago when we got married we looked at buying our first house and in one of the houses we looked at in the empy garage I found a 5# bar of 50/50 solder and she let me keep it.
    bruce