Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Saw the Magic

Boolit Mold

Saw the Magic

Finally got to the range with some of the 1903s my Dad gave me (Mark 1 & A3 Smith Corona-'43) and a few (way too few) handloads of Gardner's 311291-190gr-.311 & 311284-210gr-.309 with THE LOAD (Red Dot-13grs & some 8grs). Originally was just planning on function testing (haven't fired these 2 guns before) - struggled with the ladder sight on the Mark 1 (best group? 2 shots-2" 3rd shot opened to 3.5"- after that all over the place but still in the black). Then I pulled out the A3 (love that peep sight - best group 1.5" a little left of POA) - Then I pulled out the 1917 Eddystone (also has a peep sight - best group .75") - Can't bring enough guns to the range - just wish I had loaded more ammo!

Boolit Master
    Ain't it great?!

Boolit Mold
    Yes it is! thanks for the reply ... also thanks to members of this forum for all the great info that made this possible
    Shoutout to Bob S / Larry Gibson / Dutchman for their encouragement & wealth of knowledge
    Can't wait to get back to the range

Boolit Grand Master
    Ladder sights take some getting used to and experience. Once adjusted, I keep most shots in the 9 and 10 ring with an SR-5 target at 200 yards. From bench and prone. Then there are the flyer's that keep us humble

It would be great to have the longer radius of the 03A3, but one shoots what one has. My sight are set at 800 yards to drop them in at the 200 range mark.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the hope - I was shooting at 100 yards setings at 600 - I look forward to many happy days at the range and maybe getting involved in the military matches sponsored by the range.

Boolit Man
    It is always a blast to shoot a gun for the first time in years! I need to work on my old Spencer one of these days myself.