Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Star air cylinder hose

Star air cylinder hose

I want to buy a hose about 4-5 feet long to use with a Star air cylinder system. What is the identification of the hose size that I need and where can I buy it?

Cast Boolits Owner

You do not need much in the way of hose ID, maybe 1/4" because the volume is not needed. The fittings on mine are 1/8"NPT (1/8" pipe thread).

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by no_1 View Post
    You do not need much in the way of hose ID, maybe 1/4" because the volume is not needed. The fittings on mine are 1/8"NPT (1/8" pipe thread).

Robert
    What stores sells these hoses? I am new at this please forgive the stupid question?
    Last edited by plaz; 11-02-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Boolit Master
    An auto parts store may have some, if not you may have to find a place that sells industrial supplies.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

I use the thin yellow plastic coil 1/4" OD hose. These coil up and store out of the way. Use some air hose quick connects to take it on/off. They come in 25', 50', 100' lengths with simple insert pipe thread fittings on the ends. You can easily cut them down and re-insert the fittings to make custom lengths. I find mine get pin holes in them from time to time and they are and easy fix this way.

You can find these at hardware stores, home improvements, and maybe Walmart.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Any auto parts store sells air hose. Don't buy the cheap Plastic one from Wally World. Go to Lowes or Home Depot to the air tool dept. and buy what they have. You don't use any air with the Star. Just the pressure. You may lube bullets for months with just one filling of a air tank. No compressor in your home.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet