Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: EPA squeezing the locals

Boolit Man

EPA squeezing the locals

We have a female EPA agent in my AO that told 2 of my usual suppliers that they can't give the weights away. She actually told them that the only legal way for them to get rid of their spent weights is to put them in the boxes provided by a (somewhat local) battery company, and that they must be signed out by a rep from said company. Sounds like someone has been taking bribes to me.

Does anyone know if she actually has a leg to stand on legally? Anyone have a link to EPA policy on lead disposal, my google foo is very poor. Anyone know if Florida recognizes a license you can obtain like "certified lead removal expert" or some such? We have something similar in the construction industry, but upon review it only applies to building retrofitting.

Thanks
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."

Positive trades/sales with: pack3480, Bert2368, 62fusil, Springfield, bobthenailer, johnch, CENTEX BILL, lastborn, chuebner,
    AzShoote, Calhoun Kid, Ruckus Ralph, Zbench, hardcase54, rockrat, techlava, jbrown

Negative deals with: none

Boolit Master
    EPA Lead webpages.

The only regulatory items are related to renovation/removal of lead based paint.

As an interesting side note, hobbyist are using 10.6 million pounds of WW a year. This is considered un-managed loss of lead.

Boolit Master
    The puppy bearing female is full of hog slop.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Boolit Master

Ask her for the regs IN WRITING! Sounds like a load of bull.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Definitely sounds like a really severe case of Im-importantitis. One would think a gung-ho save-the-planet-one-B.S.-theory-at-a-time kinda twit would be excited for us casters to get the used WW's. We are poster-children for their whole recycling campaign. We're keeping millions of tons of bad-nasty-evil lead from polluting our precious landfills every day---one shot at a time. And, all things considered, we should be posing for their renewable resources ads. We resmelt range lead!
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Master
    We resmelt range lead!
    And I can attest to that!
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Boolit Master
    I am doing my part to get my share of the 10.9 million pounds of the ww's!
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Wow, a govt employee intupretting the regs the way they want, never heard of such a thing? Yeah, she is full of it but as w/ most govt agencies, it's easier for businesses to submit than fight it. Lead is the new cigerette. Gotta ban it to protect all of us from ourselves.

Boolit Mold
    The EPA and ATF are rogue agencies that operate outside the confines of the law when it suits them.

Boolit Master
    I also hear this from the local tire stores. "The EPA says we have to recycle it".

I'll say it again...we'd better learn to cast with zinc pretty soon.

Boolit Master
    I think the head heads of the epa are getting greased by exide to put the squeze on all sources so excide can corner the market.
    I dont know of any laws being passed to regulate lead and to my knowledge it is not and will not be put on the hazmat list.
    Maybe I am wrong but thats what I think. Must be good grease too cuz its working.

Generous Donator

The only thing I know for sure is we have to account for any lead that leaves the hospital to show we didn't just throw it away. Of course I don't sign out what I get as it isn't thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    The puppy bearing female is full of hog slop.
    I believe that would be used hog slop...
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

So, basically what the EPA is admitting is that we are recycling the wheel weights, thus being environmentally friendly. Hmm...you'd think they'd be on board with this! Go figure....
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I just had to say that the one Federal Office that does what it wants and can seize all that you own is not the ones posted but the good ole Internal Revenue Service.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Mold
    My local scrap dealer here in CA just told me he can't sell scrap lead anymore unless he gets a Haz Mat license.