Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee 452-230 2R with Titegroup or Blue Dot?

Banned

Lee 452-230 2R with Titegroup or Blue Dot?

Has anybody used either of these 2 powders with this boolit? I am getting ready to load about 3000, and I would like to use a powder that already have enough of on hand.

There is no data for this combo in the Lee manual, and I did a search here. The Lyman 3rd lists 7.5 to 10.7 grs. for the #452374 225 gr. boolit.

I did a search here. I would like some confirmed Titegroup data so I could save the Blue Dot for 45 Win. Mag.

Just looking for a standard 850 fps. load.

thanks!

hmmm with the hornady boolit (and 7th book) titegroup is listed at 4.2@750 to 5.3 MAX @900 fps, 850 listed @ 5.0 grains

Does it matter which cartridge we give data for?

Banned

Why no, Rocky, I would never turn down good load data from a fellow member.

I wasn't very clear. I was looking for 45 ACP load data, and I forgot to say it was the tumble lube boolit as well. I hadn't really considered shooting this boolit in .45 Win. Mag, I'd certainly like to hear about it!

Thanks fryboy, I found the Titegroup data in my Hornady manual as well. I think it's a great baseline for sure. I just wondered if anybody had already done all the work with that excact boolit, and I certainly want to be safe.
    Last edited by frankenfab; 10-11-2010 at 09:38 PM.

my best loads with that boolit were with unique and my best groups was only about 1/3 of the way up the ladder , ran a bit of red dot thru it too but not the two powders u listed ( that's why i had to refer to a manual ) i only have that mold in a single cavity so it's no wonder i dont shoot alot of it anymore really love the lyman hp tho !!!!

Boolit Master

4.5 grs. of TG works in my RIA .45 using that boolit. I have my Lee Pro 1000 set up for that load ONLY. WDWW alloy.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Banned

Thanks! I am just wanting to load up a bunch of practice fodder next week, since I have some time off. .

Maybe 4.5 to 5grs. will turn out to be an "old faithful" load.

I heard Titegroup is clean burning, too.

Boolit Man
    I use 5.0 TG with both 230 FMJ and 230 RN from the group NOE buy. Works great, about the same as BE and just like hardball. S/F.....Ken M

I found loads for BlueDot in the 45 ACP, but I'd bet they run pretty dirty at such low pressure. I think the TG is your best ticket.

Now, moving along to 45 AR, 45 Colt, 45 S&W, 45-70, 450 Marlin, 45 American ...

Boolit Grand Master

4.5 or so of TG should be excellent. My all the time std .45 ACP load is 200 H&G 68 over
    4.8 TG or 4.7 BE, same same. Great load. I'd drop the charge a hair to account for the
    extra 30 gr boolit wt. IMO Blue Dot will be too slow to work well for the cartridge.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    I use TG and that same bullit for CAS shooting. TG is very clean burning, but has a very loud report. I keep using it because I get so many more loads from each pound. DR