WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any 1911 Titegroup shooters out there?

Boolit Master
    You think those other loads are powder puff. I run 4.0gn TG with a 230gn Hornady HAP for IDPA SSP. Comes in right about 600 FPS and recoils lighter than a 9mm.

Yes I get the soot mark on the brass, but a little Lemi Shine/dish soap bath in the kitchen sink followed by about 30 minutes in the tumbler and they look like new again.

Boolit Grand Master

My main motivation to switch to Titegroup, is that I shoot a variety of calibers from .32 S&W Long to .454 Casull. I was concerned about fast powders being so position sensitive when loaded light for target use in the larger calibers (principally .44 Special and .45 Colt). Titegroup is NOT position sensitive, so with it's other attributes, should be "just a bit better" for general target use as well as "respectable" loads (such as 986 fps with our Mihec Group Buy RCBS 45-270-SAA bullet that actually weighs 285 grs). That is definitely in the "respectable" category for me. A great general use load for the field in my SS Bisley Black Hawk Convertible. The same powder loaded at the 4.0 gr level behind a #68 SWC makes a super target load for the convertible .45 ACP cylinder as well as in the 1911's and 625's I shoot.

Dale53

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    My main motivation to switch to Titegroup, is that I shoot a variety of calibers from .32 S&W Long to .454 Casull. I was concerned about fast powders being so position sensitive when loaded light for target use in the larger calibers (principally .44 Special and .45 Colt). Titegroup is NOT position sensitive, so with it's other attributes, should be "just a bit better" for general target use as well as "respectable" loads (such as 986 fps with our Mihec Group Buy RCBS 45-270-SAA bullet that actually weighs 285 grs). That is definitely in the "respectable" category for me. A great general use load for the field in my SS Bisley Black Hawk Convertible. The same powder loaded at the 4.0 gr level behind a #68 SWC makes a super target load for the convertible .45 ACP cylinder as well as in the 1911's and 625's I shoot.

Dale53
    Now I can try them in my very own 625! Sorry Dale, I was all busy today getting ready for a work trip to KS tomorrow. With the snow I didnt get a chance to drop it off.

Boolit Grand Master

ddeaton;
    That's all right. I was sticking pins in an effigy of ddeaton, this evening. If your joints start aching, you'll know why...

Dale53

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12