OK

I emailed Accurate Arms for load data using Data 2200 / AA 2200 in the 223
    As I found several jugs stuffed under the bench

They sent me a nice and quick responce with the requested load info

But the load table is to large to post

If anyone is interested in it

PM me a email address and I can forward it to you

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

WOW! I'd love to "Find" even one jug for sale! That stuff has proven to be the most accurate powder in my 223 of the half dozen powders I've tried in it.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master
    I got a jug of AA Data 2230C. On the jug it says it's a slightly slower military ball powder than AA2230. Could this be the same stuff you got? I'll send my email in a pm and see how the loads compare. Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    I got a jug of AA Data 2230C. On the jug it says it's a slightly slower military ball powder than AA2230. Could this be the same stuff you got? I'll send my email in a pm and see how the loads compare. Thanks.
    Still have a little of this powder left. Purchased a few jugs many years ago on the cheap. Haven't seen it since. Came in heavy white jugs with a small page of load data pasted on the side.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Data 2200:

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/s...20calibers.pdf

And the rest of the Accurate Powder "data" series:

http://www.accuratepowder.com/datapowder.htm

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    Data 2230-C and Data 2200 are different powders with very different burn rates. See the link above for all AA "Data" powders.

Boolit Master

Years back
    Several freinds and I saw Widners had Data 2200 for either $32 or $39 a jug if you bought 4 (a case )
    We pooled our $$ and made a buy

I wish I had bought several more cases for my own use
    As it was the UPS driver thought I was trying to get him with all the boxs with Hazmat stickers he droped off that day

Quote Originally Posted by DanWalker
    WOW! I'd love to "Find" even one jug for sale! That stuff has proven to be the most accurate powder in my 223 of the half dozen powders I've tried in it.
    AA is claiming the new stuff
    John,

We have just re-tested the A-2200 in the 223Rem and the data were basically the same as the old product.

I am including the latest data below (This will be in our next loadguide due out in the next couple of months)

š

Regards
    Johan Loubser
    Ballistician
    Ramshot.Accurate Powders
    Tel: 406.234.0422 email: johan@ramshot.com
    WesternPowdersInc.Miles City.Montana.
    COMPANY WEBSITES/PRODUCTS:
    So it might be worth trying the new stuff

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Grand Master
    Actually gentlemen, the powder I have is AA 2230S. My supply was purchased in the early 90's.
    2230C was 2001-2005. I'd guess there is 3lb left.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I'm A Honcho!
    Man, that Data 2200 is so good it should be a regular production item. I run it in my 223 AIs with excellent accuracy and blistering speeds!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2 dogs View Post
    Man, that Data 2200 is so good it should be a regular production item. I run it in my 223 AIs with excellent accuracy and blistering speeds!!
    it did finally make it into reg. production ( took about 15 years but ...) the new stuff as noted above is supposed to have/use the same data but as always we should start small and work up , i havent tried the new stuff yet but loved the old stuff - it was a poor boy's dream powder and i've found it works well in many many cartridges , my fav was the way it makes my 357 herret ( 30 too but especially the 357 ) rock !!! it even works great in the 375 jdj with j-words !!

Boolit Master
    Made a deal about 4 years ago and got an 8 pounder from a guy that bought two and only wanted one!

I have been real surprised at how it has made my 30-30 stand up and kick posterior!

I just tried it in my 45-70 Contender with a 330 grain HP Lyman boolit and it also performed well.

Sad it took accurate this long to get it on the market and I hope two things: pricing isn't ludicris ( intentional spelling) and that it actually is the same powder!

Boolit Bub
    AA2230-S Powder According to the Tec Rep at Accurate is faster than the Regular AA2230, So it must be Reduced by 4%, For any loading, This was told to me back in 2205, When i told them that I have a gallon of it & wanted to use it for my Reloading Etc. Just passing this along for anyone who has some of this Powder. For safe loading etc.

Boolit Master

I have been loading 2230S, 2230C and 2200 for years. Worked with a good friend that was a commercial reloader and it was cheap and accurate. I suppose I am down do 15 or 20 pounds of each at this point. They have proven themselves on the bench over and over in 223, 222 Mag and 221 fireball. Also great in 7TCU and light cast loads in some large cases.

In Remembrance

As is common knowledge my health is heading South quite rapidly. I have been quite literally having a combination `Garage Sale and Fire sale` to clean out my reloading `stuff` and firearms. I have 2 full jugs of 2200 along with the pamphlet of loads that came with them still sitting on my shelves. People would look at them and ask questions then put them back. Guess the Frau may have fertalizer for the flower bed after I`m gone and the powder remaining.Robert

I purchased Data-2200 back in the late 90's early 2000's and long about 2015/16 somewhere I had burned through the last of my supply. So, I picked up a new production jug of AA-2200 (at popular price's). I'm pleased to report that I've not been able to find any significant difference between the two powders that were outside normal/expected lot to lot variance!

Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"