I've been fooling with a used mold I bought , it had a bit of out of round the sizer wasn't cleaning up and left a small flat where the sizer wasn't really getting . Down in the dungeon with it tonight I was taking a break from other things and got to looking at the ogive of a sized bullet . I ran my fingernail over it and found a very slight step or catch that I thought was a misalignment of the halves .
So just looking for answers to the round problem i wondered if the locating pins were snug enough . Taking the blocks off the handles and trying to turn the halves opposite directions show some movement . Hmmmm I thought I knew they were better than that last time I used this . So , I got out the brass punch and bumped them into the other block even more . I went to far on one and it made the blocks sticky on opening so I had to bump it back and try again .
After several minutes of trial and error I got the blocks so there was no "chucking " when I tried to rotate the blocks . And , there was no sticking when I opened them .
Casting with them showed an improvement with the little "step" on the ojive almost gone . Measuring with a one inch micrometer showed it was better and checking when they came out of the size die was visably better .
Maybe tomorrow I can fool with it a little more and see if I can get it better .