Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun I wish I never sold..........

Boolit Man
    marlin 375 winchester,i needed money for rent

In Remembrance
    I had a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm mag which was purchased to replace an identical rifle that was 'lost in the mail'.
    It was a good one, but I decided I wanted a straight-combed stock.
    So, I bought a semi-inletted blank and did my first job of restocking a rifle.

Initially, it was all hand done with inletting black, and the barrel was full-length bedded.
    After that was complete (just so I knew how it was done) I glass bedded the receiver and barrel in separate stages. The barrel was free floated except for a two pound pressure point at the tip of the forarm.

The rifle was an honest MOA gun...and the stock actually fit me.

When my wife gave me a Browning 78 in 7mm mag for Father's Day, I put the Remington on the wall. A couple years later I traded it for a color TV set...our first.

I have always regretted that trade...beginning thirty minutes after I made it.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master

S&W model 28 4" barrel it had a large cylinder gap but shot great.

Also had a Remington 760 in 270 and a Ithaca model 500 stolen. Wish I could get them both back that 760 would shoot 3/8 inch 100 yard groups and the over under fit perfect and I rarely missed with it.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Walther PPK/S, 380, and a 1917 S&W, 45 ACP.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Buddy
    Lord, I hate this topic! How about a Ruger Single-Six, stainless, both cylinders, with a 9.5" barrel! Check with a Ruger collector to see how rare that one is.....or maybe the PPK/s in .22.....or maybe the H&R Officer's Model trapdoor......I think I'll go watch TV or something.

Boolit Grand Master

I have three, probably more but these are the top ones. A Marlin 39A 22 cal that I bought from my brother-in-law. A Fox double barrel in 20 ga with silver triggers. Of coarse I wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't traded my 39A for it. The last one was a Bubbed Enfield 1917 but it had a really good Lyman site on it and was a real good shooter. I didn't realise at the time how much better it was than other guns or I wouldn't have gotten rid of it.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    There's 3 that I can think of at the moment;

1. A Navy Arms 58Cal Buffalo Hunter. I had traded a $50.00 22 revolver for it!

2. A Ruger Single Six Convertible with both cylinders.

3. A Browning 25 Auto. Nice little pocket pistol.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Rem 788 in 223. Sako 78 in 22 Hornet. Dan Wesson 22LR.

Boolit Master

Old man's regrets

I can't began to list them all but here are a few. Three really nice Lugers, one a Simson and Sons. They made 10,000 of them for the German Army after ww1before Hitler pulled the contract in 1932 because they were Jewish. I never saw another one . Three Colt single actions, one a cavalry issue. Two S&W model 39s. An excellent Winchester model 52b in standard weight. I have sold other 52s but they were heavy weights so I have no regrets with their passing. I could go on but you get the idea. I can't quit untill I mention the one that brings tears when I think of it. A Sharps Borchardt in military trim made for the South Carolina National Guard. It was in beautiful shape with an bore that shined like a mirror. There have been many more but I am getting depressed.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

I wouldnt mind having that 700 mountain rifle in .270 with a straight 4x redfield on it....that i got for a small pile of 2x4's while working at the mill. There are several others too....like the 6" k-22 I traded for a single six when I was 9 because it looked more like a "cowboy gun". Stupid Kids. My dad suckered me into that one, and still wont give it back! Maybe its because he missed it after he gave it to me. who knows. At least I get it back when he dies. Watch it old man.

The first that come to mind... A Ruger #1 in .308 with a four digit ser. number and a #3 Liberty model in 45-70. There may be more but I don't remember those as much...
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Master
    A custom M70 Supergrade with very nice wood in .35 Whelen that would shoot 1/2", 100 yard groups. I sold it after getting laid off.
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master
    Not all bad news on this subject, I've gotten a few back that were REAL DUMB IDEAS to sell off. A few that did get away......S&W M-27 x 5", Walther PP x 22 LR, and my first Rem 788 in 22-250.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Can't say I've ever sold any that I regret selling...in fact, I've only SOLD one gun in my life, and I don't regret that one...a Jimminez Arms .380

Had a few stolen from my Mom's house a few years ago, and the one that I regret losing the most was frankly the least valuable...

An old long-barreled Stevens .22. The one that's supposed to be a semi-auto, but never fed...but it was a great tube-mag-fed bolt gun LOL

That old thing was like a gorilla...big, strong, and ugly. But when you threw it to a shoulder it hit every time. I dispatched many a feral dog, jackrabbit, or coyote with it at distances I couldn't even believe...it was just an instinct shooter.

I sure miss that old beater. Sure was a lot of fun.
    American by birth
    Texan by the Grace of God!

Boolit Master

I had a model 28 S&W that someone had the cylinder bored to .44 Special and a .44 Special barrel installed. It was nickel plated and a great gun. I carried it for a while when I was a deputy. I don't remember why I sold it, short of money no doubt.

Skeet1

Boolit Master
    Little off topic. How about the wrong gun you bought. I bought an Arminus 22rf/22mag INSTEAD OF a Ruger Single Six. My Dad convinced me the DA was a better idea. It took over 30 yrs to sell that pistol and buy a Ruger single six 22rf/22mag. I sold the Arminus for what i payed forit so i guess i did ok. It bothered me for years.........

Boolit Grand Master

A 99 Sav. in .358 Win
    A 9MM Browning HP
    A Browning Single in 6MMRem
    A Rem Rolling Block, in 45 Danish
    A 303 Jungle Carbine
    Oh well, hind sight is always 20-20
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    I once had a S&W 66 with 2 1/2" barrel. Why oh why did I let that one go?

Boolit Master

Most of them
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Buddy
    I have never sold a gun, even if I havn't shot them for years I have no intention of selling them....but then I am the same way with most every thing else I have owned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast