MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun I wish I never sold..........

Boolit Master

A Remington-Rand Gov. Model .45 that I bought while working a summer job in Nebraska in 1963. No collector value since it had been reblued. Sold it for $50 when I graduated from college in 1964. I couldn't afford ammo to shoot it. I did use the $50 to buy a Ruger 10-22 that had just come out.

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Unhappy

HI.
    Ruger old model super blackhawk 44 mag.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
    Lord, I hate this topic! How about a Ruger Single-Six, stainless, both cylinders, with a 9.5" barrel! Check with a Ruger collector to see how rare that one is.....or maybe the PPK/s in .22.....or maybe the H&R Officer's Model trapdoor......I think I'll go watch TV or something.
    !!!! If those are the ones you sold, I'd surely like to see what you have left!

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master
    44 Automag
    Remington 788 22-250
    Old too soon, smart too late.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Why do y'all do this to me?

S&W model 57--an early 60's model that shot like no other pistol I've ever owned except for
    the S&W model 29 6 1/2" that I could shoot with 22 grains of 2400 and a Keith SWC (250gr) and bounce a Coke can all over the yard with. Dang!!!!
    Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

"I drank what?" --Socrates

You know, I've been a Christian all of my life, but I never knew how much God loves us until I had my 2 little boys.
    John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    Would you give your child up knowing he would be tortured and killed? I couldn't, but God did. That's love.

I had a Remington 700 in .270win that would shoot groups less than an inch with my handloads at 100yds. I got hard up for money and sold it,still kicking my butt for that one.
    Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live or die on this day. Live or die on this day.

I just had to revive this old thread to scold myself for trading off my Rem 788 44 mag. Why, oh why do I do these things? I traded it for a Ruger OM 41 mag in 99% condition + some $(cant remember how much). Yep, you guessed it, the Ruger's gone too.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    A pair of Colt Pythons in the seventies doubled my money back then, big deal look what they cost now.

Boolit Master
    I miss my PPS-43c. That little thing was just plain cool. I did get a very nice Lee Enfield No. 4 MkI* as a result of selling it though, so I'm not sure if I regret selling it.

Boolit Master

I nominate this as the worst thread of all time.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

There's been quite a few I've sent down the road , A few dogs but most I dearly miss .

70's LW 1911 commander
    Early colt agent
    My dearly beloved ruger p90
    Early 700 bdl varmit 222
    Dawoo K1A1

There's more but I'm tearing up a little thinking about them ! Lol
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

Was surprised to see this old thread back again!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Banned
    Model 1917 Eddystone.

Boolit Master
    Really miss a S&W 3913 I had; but, sold it to a female coworker that was having "x" issues.
    Stoger .22 Luger - not an expensive gun - just a hoot to shoot !
    Colt Ace .22

Oooh, reminiscing hurts.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Not many of those in my history. Generally speaking if it performs well enough to be useful I kept it.

I've sold a few, and the few I've sold I do not miss at all. Perfect example was a really really nice Brazilian .410 side by side. Hand cut checkering, awesome walnut, nice rib. Sweet gun.

But the right barrel shot 2 feet high at 50 yards, and the left barrel shot 2 feet right. Sold it with full disclosure, advised the buyer to have his kid shoot it at clays until he had them nailed down tight. Got out of it what I had into it and never looked back.

What I miss are 2 rifles that I let a friend borrow, and he got caught shining a deer with them. And he lied, was too chicken to tell me so I could buy them back.

Rem 788 in .243 win with a good 4x scope.
    Ruger .44mag carbine.

I miss them both. Don't miss him much.

Too many x ten. But I really miss the Ithaca Field Grade sxs 20 ga.
    Perfect fit and I shot really well with it's 28" m&f barrels with a Bradley ivory colored bead.
    And the 1923 safe/loaded Commercial 7.65 Luger.
    I hate this thread, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Mod. 97 Winchester US marked
    Ruger .243 with steel 3-9 Weaver
    J.C Higgins .22(actually a Marlin 80)
    Crescent 20 ga. double

Sold the 97 to pay the light bill. Tried to buy it back years later, no luck.
    Sold the Ruger(serial number low 2000's) to put 4.88 gears in the Roadrunner. Bought it back in sad shape 24 years later for $550(guy wanted a new Remington and that was the price) and spent $300 having stock/metal/scope refurbed. Cost $160 originally.
    The Ruger, JC Higgins and the Crescent were guns my Moms helped me buy - needed $$ after divorce. Later got the .22 back for twice what I sold it for. The guy with the 20 gauge woulda sold it back but he loaned it to a "friend" for his son to learn with - the friend, son, and gun moved out of state and the gun was not returned. I can ID it easily as I had 4" chopped off and the bead moved back "cause at 13 I thought that was perfect for quail . I still have the 4" of barrels !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Mod. 97 Winchester US marked
    Ruger .243 with steel 3-9 Weaver
    J.C Higgins .22(actually a Marlin 80)
    Crescent 20 ga. double

Sold the 97 to pay the light bill. Tried to buy it back years later, no luck.
    Sold the Ruger(serial number low 2000's) to put 4.88 gears in the Roadrunner. Bought it back in sad shape 24 years later for $550(guy wanted a new Remington and that was the price) and spent $300 having stock/metal/scope refurbed. Cost $160 originally.
    The Ruger, JC Higgins and the Crescent were guns my Moms helped me buy - needed $$ after divorce. Later got the .22 back for twice what I sold it for. The guy with the 20 gauge woulda sold it back but he loaned it to a "friend" for his son to learn with - the friend, son, and gun moved out of state and the gun was not returned. I can ID it easily as I had 4" chopped off and the bead moved back "cause at 13 I thought that was perfect for quail . I still have the 4" of barrels !
    I have an old Crescent 16 ga. double that I have never gotten around to fully fixing. It's missing the extractor, a spring for one of the hammers, the stock is cracked, hand guard missing, and the steel piece that attaches the hand guard to the barrel and keeps the gun together when you break it open is also missing. Parts are darn near nonexistent.

Also, the 16 ga. chambering is an odd size. It's been awhile so I don't remember which size.

Boolit Master
    I would say there are only two that regret seems to apply to... Ruger #3 in 223 and a Ruger security six with a six inch barrel. Both were sold for what I paid for them because we needed the money. Learned over the years that the money from such sales doesn’t do much for the final balance, but you almost never recover from the surrender of the item. Gone is gone.

Boolit Buddy

I regret the following:
    S&W mod 19 4" nickel
    Romanian PSL54......needed the money......That one still stings..
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast