MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun I wish I never sold..........

Banned

ive got a few I wish I had back.
    1 610 3"
    2 24 4"
    3 sti Trojan in 9mm
    4 3 different m1carbines
    5 ruger red label 20 guage
    6 browning side by side grade II 20 guage
    7 rem 700 mountain rifle 280
    8 a pro carry cdp Kimber
    9 ruger ultra light 250 sav
    10 ruger international 250 sav
    I could probably go on and make a list of 50. Some were sold when I got divorced and had to come up with money but most were sold because at the time I was into something different and just traded because id use the gun I traded for more.

Boolit Master
    I've bought and sold a bunch, but only regret selling one, a Colt Burgess 44-40. It was in very good shape, too nice for me to keep, as I shoot and hunt with all my rifles. Got good money for it, but even after 25-30 years, still regret selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
    I regret the following:
    S&W mod 19 4" nickel
    Romanian PSL54......needed the money......That one still stings..
    Haha that one hit close to home- I bought a PSL from a friend for $400, played with it, didn't like it all that much so I sold it for $500. Then Obama happened. They cost MUCH more now!

AND...I will never forget my 6" nickel S&W mod 27. I guess I bought it too cheap($279) so now I can spend $1k to get another one!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    One that looked just about like this one:

S&W Model 686 S.S. .357Mag with adjustable front & rear sights for Silhouette shooting that I bought, IIRC in around '87/'88 for about, also as IIRC, about $300 or so. Sold it for roughly the same not too long after I bought it. I have my reasons for selling & it was not because I wanted to sell. I regret not trying to find another way to come up with the $$ as I likely could have & would still have that revolver.

There are a couple more that I miss, like a SS Ruger Speed Six .357, a Ruger MkII .22 & a Ruger Single Six .22/.22Mag revolver.

Of all though, it is that S&W 686 I think I miss the most. I really really liked that wheelgun...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I had a pristine mosin nagant model 44 carbine, got it for like 80-100$, then, sold it for 120, because I was broke... looking at the prices now, it still hurts!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

I sold a K98 Mauser with the death head and marked with a death camp name on the side in PERFECT condition other than the barrel was really worn(many years of shooting....things) and then being put back in the rack...
    sold it to my bro in law for “collecting purposes” a couple of years later it was drilled and tapped and in a new stock with about 5 inches of barrel chopped off... that’s when i disowned him..

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty sure there's not enough room on this thread to list all of my stupid moves...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

What is this "selling a gun" that you speak of? I've only ever sold two. They were to a friend and family member so they had something for home protection. Don't regret either one.

Truthfully I have about two safes full that I should sell. I haven't, and most likely never will, shoot all of them. There are a few collectors pieces in there that I may regret selling. That's why I haven't sold any of them. Afraid their value might go up and I lose money. Pretty stupid to think this way because they have no value, beyond monetary, to me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    What is this "selling a gun" that you speak of? I've only ever sold two. They were to a friend and family member so they had something for home protection. Don't regret either one.

Truthfully I have about two safes full that I should sell. I haven't, and most likely never will, shoot all of them. There are a few collectors pieces in there that I may regret selling. That's why I haven't sold any of them. Afraid their value might go up and I lose money. Pretty stupid to think this way because they have no value, beyond monetary, to me.
    All those of which I spoke were either sold or traded to friends who envied & wanted them or given to a friend r relative. One can still have regrets about not having the firearm any more, even if the exchange was not to a stranger.

Not unlike that I have had to do the same with a couple of good dogs before as well, all given to friends due to moving to a place where I could not keep a dog in good faith as i would not be able to let it run & I will not leave a dog chained up/kenneled all day & night, so I find them good homes to live at since I cannot take them along with me, or spend time with them like they need.

I guess it is all in how one looks at things & what life throws at us. "Something to consider", I would say.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

My biggest regret was a Ruger 22 target pistol made in the 200th year of American Liberty.

I have had a few that I passed on buying that I wish I had bought. One was a S&W "N" frame parts gun. I think it was originally a M-28 but it had a 44 special barrel and cylinder. It would have had no collector value but would have have made a great carry gun. Two others belonged to a friend, an excellent German Luger with matching numbers that a family member brought back from WW2 and a Remington 41 caliber derringer. We were at the Tulsa Gun Show together and I looked at both of them the night before in the motel room. Shoulda bought both of them!

Boolit Master
    --near mint Winchester 1894 made in 1897 sporting rifle with original marbles sight that I traded for a Colt Python that I sold to buy a 1994 Ford Mustang. Now that one hurts. I still don't like thinking about it.

Attachment 220755Attachment 220754
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    One that looked just about like this one:

S&W Model 686 S.S. .357Mag with adjustable front & rear sights for Silhouette shooting that I bought, IIRC in around '87/'88 for about, also as IIRC, about $300 or so. Sold it for roughly the same not too long after I bought it. I have my reasons for selling & it was not because I wanted to sell. I regret not trying to find another way to come up with the $$ as I likely could have & would still have that revolver.

There are a couple more that I miss, like a SS Ruger Speed Six .357, a Ruger MkII .22 & a Ruger Single Six .22/.22Mag revolver.

Of all though, it is that S&W 686 I think I miss the most. I really really liked that wheelgun...
    Mine was a bright nickel N frame and I do mean BRIGHT. I guess I am kinda like a raccoon- if its shiney, I love it! My only reconciliation is that I still have a no dash 586 and I will keep that one till they put me in a box. And a 686 that thinks it is a rifle. I hope that I have outgrown the urge to sell favorites, but as we all know, a gun trader's guns never have a permanent home. That is a pretty scarce 686, I would be sad too.
    Last edited by murf205; 05-20-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Never sold any...def some I should but that goes against rule #2, no selling guns...What's rule #1 you ask...buy em cheep and stackem deep, prices go up not down

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    I sold a K98 Mauser with the death head and marked with a death camp name on the side in PERFECT condition other than the barrel was really worn(many years of shooting....things) and then being put back in the rack...
    sold it to my bro in law for “collecting purposes” a couple of years later it was drilled and tapped and in a new stock with about 5 inches of barrel chopped off... that’s when i disowned him..
    I'm not sure I'd want to own that particular rifle, but if that had been my brother, I'd probably have killed him...

2" Nickel Python
    Model 58 Smith
    Rem. Model 81 in 300 Savage

Boolit Grand Master

My Luger, bought it for $25.00 and sold it for $75.00 and a Ruger single six and thought I made a fortune!

Boolit Master
    Though about this post today remember two more High Standard Victor 22 , S&W Model 686 4" dash 1 tomorrow I will probably remember more.

Boolit Master
    .58 Kentucky flinter that I built from a kit about 1973. I never got to shoot it.

Boolit Bub
    I agree with dragon, the only firearm I have let go so far was a .338win mag m70 with a safari stock and a mediocre scope. I traded it for a welder that got me started on an education that has provided when I needed it and given me a skill that I still love to use.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast