RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Gator Checks

Boolit Grand Master

Gator Checks

Got my gas checks last week from Blammer. These are the .30 cal Gator Checks.
    I got 2000 from him.

How do they compare to the ones from Hornady??
    Other than being a few thousandths shorter in height, they look the same.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    been using them for a while have had no problems with them only thing i can see about them are that they are cheaper and my money goes to a pard rather than some store that only wants to make a buck off me
    mule

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by iron mule View Post
    been using them for a while have had no problems with them only thing i can see about them are that they are cheaper and my money goes to a pard rather than some store that only wants to make a buck off me
    mule
    That's my take as well.

A product from one of the members. It is late in the season here in the upper midwest, and the weather will break toward the downright cold any day. Probably be April before I do any amount of rifle shooting. I have a few days left and plan on shooting the 1911 for a while.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Shiloh, they're every bit as good and as iron mule said, less expensive. What's not to like...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master
    I've gone thru about 500 of the .30 cals recently and I find no difference between the Gators and the Hornadys. Except the price, which is a whole lot better.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Master

I find Gator checks to be first class...dale

I've only recently tried Gator gas checks and find them to be definately superior to Hornady. They snap onto the shanks of my 45 rifle and pistol bullets with a distinct click. Hornady checks just slip on. Gator checks cannot be removed from the shanks; Hornady checks come off about 1/4 of the time when I remove the bullets from the sizer die. In my opinion, the Gator checks are much better.

Boolit Master
    What Iron Mule said works for me.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Gator Checks.

I started using Gator checks this year for 35 - 41 - 44 calibers and will not use anything else. Other brands were some time a little loose but this brand give a good snugg fit on all my cast boolits. I tried a Freechex II tool for the 44 using .014 aluminum and not all were a snug fit as the Gator's. Worth every penny.

Boolit Master
    Since we're talking about the Gator checks I think I'll say a word of thanks to Blammer for stocking up and selling them too.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Banned

thanks qajag59, I appreciate the kind words.

Boolit Master

I've got to jump on the bandwagon for Gator Checks as well as for Blammer as well.

The 30 cal and 8mm checks I've used have been excellent in quality. As good as or better than the Hornady checks I've bought at a higher price.

And Blammer is a top-quality person. not only does he look out for regular shooter but he looks out for the future of the hobby as well by ensuring a good quality product is regularly available.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master
    Seated some today, Don't think the weather will hold to shoot any. It'll be high 30's tomorrow, but I have projects to get after. Don't think I'll have time. If I can get away, it'll be a brief handgun session at the plate range.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel