Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did this start?

Boolit Master

How did this start?

I have been searching but cannot find a sticky about how and when this site started. I am new to this site and was just wondering how it all began. Somebody got it going. Since this site is so big, it might be nice to know what happened " In the beginning".
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master
    I recall reading it as shooters.com .
    I didnt understand how it worked or what it was way back, but I read it. This is the second vershion I have been a member of( When ken and willy teamed up). I do like the old WW to boolits logo better.

""ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71 "" ....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE CHARLIE!!
    Last edited by buck1; 11-13-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

So, who is Ken and Willy? Whoever started this site did a good thing. IMO I would hate to think of how long it would take me to learn to cast if I didn't have this resource.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I started the site over on Aimoo in august of 2003 I believe,, we moved here in march of 2005.

I am Ken,, Gunload Master the owner of the Gunloads domain is Willy.

I started the site because a domain called Shooters.com decided to shut down and I was still seeking knowledge from the group that hung out there. Been a good ride so far!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Awesome. Thanks for the information and starting this site. This is a very good thing.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    In the beginning , Jesus had things really hot so that he could extract the lead from the ground to make ingots . And Jesus said I think I'll make some thirty caliber bullets for the aught six and he created them perfect and without flaw . And he said it is not good for perfect bullets to be alone so he put all of the perfect bullets in the components locker and decided to make man in his own image .

And ever since , man has been trying to find the perfect bullet .

My apologies if this appears irreligeous to any faith , that is not my intent .

Jack .... runnin 'fer cover

Boolit Master
    Its truely a awsome place, If payday permits , drop a few bucks in the kitty at the top of the page now and again.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Banned

Nice, Jack, nice. The Messiah is a leadhead, go figure.

Gear

Gear , since we all started pouring lead we've been looking for those perfect bullets ain't we ?

Some of these guys here got it so bad they have mold collections that rival baseball cards

Jack

Banned

I found a perfect boolit, then I shot it with not so perfect aim, so is it still a perfect boolit?

Boolit Master

Only if nobody else was there to see it!! Mike

Boolit Master
    The best thing about this site is that a huge number of knowledgeable people have found it and stayed to help others. And if someone spends a few days reading the archives and rummaging thru the search section, the amount of information to be found in here is staggering. And appreciated.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by qajaq59 View Post
    The best thing about this site is that a huge number of knowledgeable people have found it and stayed to help others. And if someone spends a few days reading the archives and rummaging thru the search section, the amount of information to be found in here is staggering. And appreciated.
    I couldn't agree more. This site is indispensible to those of us fairly new to casting. I spend a fair amount of time pretty much every night going through the archives and also reading current posts. The amount of information here is staggering.

Boolit Man

+1 to Armorer and quajaq59

This is an awesome site. I have spent the better part of the last year on this site every night and most days. It is not only the amount of information, but also the folks willing to share their expertise! I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Did the Old Testament mention Moses seeing a Silver Stream somewhere - just curious...

If the rest of the world ran this well, we wouldn't be in the fix we are in.

Boolit Lady

Amen!

I'd say it's time to pass the plate .... if the ushers would come forward . Those of you with paypal please see the site administrator .

Jack

Super Moderator

..........This is a pretty kewl sight 98% of the time folks pay attention to the rules, don't intentionaly try to dis another member, and want to help out. Only a portion of shooters are reloaders, and a small part of those are boolit casters so it's a kind of a minority, but we don't have a complex over it.

Some people have a big issue with the whole BOOLIT thing, but that's all it is, is a 'thing', and not using it doesn't earn you demerits, or getting a wedgie from another member. If you DO see a member giving another member a wedgie, they probably know each other

There's a wealth of info in the "Classics & Stickies" forum, and the search function works kinda okay. The original group from the old Shooters.com BB started a website called Castpics at: http://www.castpics.net/ and there's also info, junk, flotsam and jetsom there to eat up even more of your time. ALso check out the "Vendor Sponser" section as there are some talented and innovative folks there.

................Buckshot
    Last edited by Buckshot; 11-19-2010 at 02:02 AM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

You're right about the information over there also. I just found that a couple of months ago. The member articles are a must read. Thanks again for the time you guys put in the site to keep it up and running.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master
    I agree 100 %
    great site good bunch of guys
    good place to come after a hard day at the range
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm on this site DAILY. A great bunch of people ! !

Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast