• Spolar

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Shotshell Reloading Press

Exclamation Favorite Shotshell Reloading Press

What is your favorite brand shotshell reloading press
    I am young and ready to be ignorant about things for a little while longer

Boolit Man
    The Pacific 266; I have one each set up for 12 ga 2 3/4 and 3 inch, 16 ga, 20 ga 2 3/4 and 3 inch--yep, 5 of'em. The best single stage press made (well, in my opinion of course)

Favorite Shotshell Press

The Deitemeyer 300, no doubt about it, a piece of machinery, no stampings or plastics used (except shot/powder tubes)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB1.jpg  

Boolit Master

Wow! That is a beautiful machine. I don't know If I want to reload on it, or just stare at it!!!

BTW...is that a Dunbar (or similar) H-press I see in the background? It too looks like a museum piece. I'm diggin yer set up, my friend!

I wouldn't say favorite, more like only. I had a MEC 600jr for about 30 years ( got to where I could crank out ammo dang fast!) never gave me a lick of trouble untill I loaned it out and it never came back! I now have an older MEC Grabber he replaced it with ( old dogs, new tricks) I think I liked the MEC 600jr better!
    So....I have nothing else to compare it with, so MEC it is!

Ozark Howler, That's one nice piece of machinery!

Boolit Master
    Ozark, How fast can you reload shells on that monster? Any idea on the rounds per hour, or minute?
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) -

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    MEC Sizemaster will load faster than most shooters can use them. It also sizes each hull which is a big plus if you buy or pick up other shooters hulls.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    MEC 650, but to be honest, I was given two of them. Now if I can just learn to hit the d***d clay birds.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Deitmeyer 300

A little more on the Deitmeyer...I rebuilt this press some time ago, the charge bar was also modified to use MEC powder bushings.

It basically is the forunner of the Pacific/Hornady 366 Series, this one is a manual advance and can honestly crank out about 250+ rounds (with no screwups). This is one of two that I have rebuilt. The loading operation is comparable to the MEC 650, but without the cash register "feel and sounds", a very quiet and smooth operating tool. They occasionally show up on Ebay as Deitmeyers or Pacifics ($85.00 - $100.00), well worth the price !

The "H" press in the background is a Lieb (very similar to a Dunbar)

The dillon SL 900 is a thing of beauty.
    You better have some room to store some shells if you sit down to it for an afternoon.

I had one years ago and it wasn't difficult to fill a 5 gallon bucket in an evening. Dream to operate, rarely had slowdowns. Well engineered.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Texan M loader and the Hollywood , not listed in the poll???

Boolit Master

I had a MEC 650 and loved it, this was years ago. Currently I make due with the Lee Load All II.

Gotta talk the wife into another MEC, maybe when I get her out shooting skeet more...

Boolit Master

The Hornaday 366 works slick in 12 gauge, real good in 20, and starts getting finicky in 28 gauage. I use mine for cranking out hundreds of a single load at a time for trap or skeet. I cut a hole in my bench and let the loaded shells drop into a 5 gallon bucket.

Boolit Buddy

Favorite Shotshell Reloading Press

I started out with a new MEC 250 in 1959, eventually graduating to a VersaMEC
    700. I'm on my second one of those and find it ideal for my use. I don't load a lot of
    clay pigeon loads but load special use loads like black powder, or short shot shells using a roll crimp.

Boolit Buddy

I still like my MEC 400.

Boolit Master

I know someone who has a Hollywood setup for 12 gauge. It is HUGE. Here is a picture:

Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 11-14-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    My Sizesmaster is close to 33 years of faithful service now, mostly 16ga; but have dies for all but 28ga

prs

Boolit Master

I voted Mec because that's what I use (9000) and am very happy with it. I had a Lee load all in high school and it did a good job loaded box after box on that thing. Now if money was no factor I would love to try out a Dillion. A friend of mine has a brand new RCBS progressive he hasn't set up yet but it look's like it's going to be a good machine. FB

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    I have a Lee Load-All for 20ga, and a Lee Load-Fast for 12 ga. For the price, the Load-Fast was a good machine. It's biggest drawback is that you can't back it up or remove a mistake from the processing line. You just have to deal with shot and powder running everywhere if you don't pay attention. I bought some repair parts for it a couple of years ago, so I'm probably good to go for a LONG time for as little shotgunning as I do.

Man, that Deitemeyer is surely a fine looking piece of machinery!

Here's the Load-Fast. Spent primers drop through into the bin on the right, loaded shells into the bin on the left.

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 11-17-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master
    Those Deitmeyer 300's are nice presses. manual indexing progressive, and smooth as silk!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast