WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: The honorable and not so honorable

The honorable and not so honorable

A couple of days ago on a site that originates in my state a guy posted 7 bulk pack of Federal .22s for $125/box. I didn't see the add till a couple days later when he had dropped them to $75 but he wasn't getting off that easy. pretty much everyone that replied blasted him for being a profiteer.............. The moderator locked the add and he tried reposting but he either pulled it or the site did because of the controversy.

On the other side a guy today posted that he had several bricks of various primers for sale. I had to commend him as his asking price was $35/ brick.......Comparable to local retail............... Since the buyer only took one size I suspect he will not try flip them......

There are some good guys out there.

Boolit Master

It happens on most stuff. Look at what happens to ticket prices at some big events. Scalpers. I'm glad to see the moderator shut that post down.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

I hope all of us who've sold stuff recently gets a good laugh at those who've gouged prices and to those who bought those gouged priced items and are left stuck with them.
    I detest gouged prices and will not raise them to "go with the flow" on anything I sell. Guess thats why i've offered them for sale here and not elsewhere. They didn't sell, I still have them.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I hate people that try to gouge, and shame on the people who pay the price. It's some sad stuff....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Grand Master
    One does not need a PhD in Thermonuclear Dynamics to figure this out. People sell stuff at rediculous prices because rediculous people are willing to pay rediculous prices.

We (the membership here) are certainly not an elite group, but we do know how and where to shop. There are countless throngs that have no clue where to find ammunition and they're willing to pay what's required to get a product they want, it's just that simple.

So, as long as there is a market demand for a product, there will be sellers supplying such products. "If you want it, this is my price."

I don't get bowed up over this stuff, I just ignore it. If somebody wants to sell a brick of 22s for $100 and somebody's willin' to pay that for it, it doesn't affect me and I don't worry about it.

+1 to Jim. Only if the seller has a monopoly is it gouging. If you can decline to buy, and/or have options, laugh and then hit the "ignore" button.
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus

For the last 4 or 5 years, every time I went into town to the walmart I would stop by the gundesk and buy a Federal 550 round bulk pack of 22's. I did this religiously every time I went. Maybe twice a month sometimes but usually just once a month. I have 2 20mm ammo cans full of neatly stacked and packed Federal 550 bulk packs, I figured out it's something like 45 or 46 thousand rounds total. I'd rather shoot 22's most days and own more than 12 22 rifles now, and figured the ammo wasn't going to go to waste as much as I shoot. Health reasons have kept me off the rifle range and out of the swamp for a couple years now(for the most part), but I still get to plink every once in a while.
    My neighbor who as it turns out is one of the good guys asked me where I'm finding 22 ammo to shoot since he can't find any anywhere. He's got 5 kids to keep in ammo over there. I traded him some of my 22 ammo for some of his oxygen absorbers. If I had sold the ammo at 50 or 60 bucks a box I could have bought 5 times as many O2 absorbers as I got in the trade. But I'm not out to gouge anyone. My favorite uncle needed some 22 ammo a few weeks ago and asked me where to order some, I gave him two bulk packs, he gave me one back and kept one. Then reached for his wallet. This man drives from NC to Michigan at least 3 times a year to visit family and always brings me back 2 12 packs of Vernors Ginger Ale, you can't get it here in NC but up there you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a case of it. I told him to consider this payment for my next batch of Vernors.
    Down the road a ways is a cousin of mine whose husband is as useless as mudflaps on a turtles butt. I've had more than one run in with this joker and each time I walked away with elevated blood pressure. He's the kind of guy that would make Gandhi take a swing at him. I found out through the family grapevine that he was hoping to buy some 22 ammo from me, I let it be known that he could buy some from me at a dollar a round. I assume he declined since he's not over here beating my door down trying to buy all I have. I may take it easy on him and sell it to him at 50 cents a round if he can keep a civil tongue in his head for longer than 37 seconds.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Grand Master

Like most folks here I could make a pretty decent profit on even my modest stash but it's not going to happen. I loaned a brick of primers to one on the RO's @ the range where I shoot (hang out ) and told him to replace it when the craziness is over.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Trey45 - you're one of the good guys.

You too TXGunNut, doesn't surprise me being for Texas an' all.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Cheaper than dirt lost my business
    "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

The problem with selling ones stash is if it is stuff you use you will make a few bucks in the short term but won't end up making that much in the long term when you have to replace it. Most of my stash was bought on sale and I won't find it for anywhere near that price if I needed to replace it. In a year or so there will be a flood of reloading stuff on the market. Many will try it and decide it is not worth their time, others will ditch it when ammo supplies catch up.