Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
PBcastco Reloading Everything

Thread: Stiff loading gate

Stiff loading gate

My loading gate on my GG is pretty stiff. Do you thin the spring to make the gate depress easier?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Master

Yeah you can thin the spring.

What you should do, is take a stone and very slowly remove metal from the inside flat of the spring. Tiny bits at a time. Don't get the spring hot. It will lose it's temper.

Test it between every few strokes.

OR, you can try just disassembling the gun until you can push the loading gate in to the other side of the receiver. This should weaken the spring a bit.

Also, while you are there, you might want to smooth the inside of the loading window's edge. That way it doesn't ruin your brass.

And also, if you haven't yet, you may just want to do a bit of work on the part of the lever where it rides on the carrier.

There is a sharp point that will wear on the carrier and cause jams eventually.

There are plenty of tutorials telling you how to do this, so look one up before going about it.
    Last edited by thx997303; 11-19-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.