Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Finally found one! Meepos pictures and questions

Boolit Master

Finally found one! Meepos pictures and questions

Well, I finally found a Meepos speed lube, and as a real deal sweetener, I ended up with a Meepos reloading press as well!

Unfortunately I'm missing a few parts, but what is here seems to be in really good shape.

I haven't done anything to clean them up, I imagine a little elbow grease and some fine steel wool will bring all the white metal parts back to being pretty nice. The crinkle paint still looks pretty good, but is missing in a few places. Someone at some point in the past cleaned the thing completely out of it's lube, and the cast iron inside the bottom of the reservoir probably looks as good today as it did the day it left the factory.

As you'll see from the photos, I'm missing the main handle from the speed lube, as well as the handle from the lube injector, I know there are a few guys out there who have original parts, and I was wondering if you can tell me the original length of the steel bars for those two applications.

Anyone know if the shell holder on the reloading press is interchangeable with anything else? or am I gonna have to make that too?

Any special instructions for the reloading press? I don't quite understand the stop collar, obviously it's to adjust length, but why? What am I missing?

And the pics, I'll add more as I get around to restoring the them:

Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Buddy
    Main handle bar is 8.5" long.

Main handle is 10.5" to end of wood handle.

Lube injector is 5" long

Boolit Master
    That was Quick! thanks a lot!

Anybody have any ideas about the shell holder, or why the press has the locking collar?

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    Nozombies,

Congratulations! It was better than 10 years before I got a Meepos loading tool to go with the Speedlube I found. I only have a picture of the tool, but the handles of both are the same in principle. The shell holder is unique to the tool (as are the loading dies) but you could probably make one out of a hex bolt if you had access to a lathe with a milling attachment.

The locking collar provided a stop for the progress of the sizing and seating die over the shell. You can see that there is a long unthreaded portion on the die that sticks down no matter how shallow the die is screwed in.

Boolit Master
    B R,

Thanks for the photo and explanation, I guess now I'm on the hunt for some .45 dies for the press, since that's the shell holder I've got. I think I've got an original sizer die for the speedlube that would be appropriate for the .45 on it's way to me as well... or I will if I can ever remember to send the check!

Thanks again, and anyone with info or advice, I'm certainly still in need of both!

Boolit Master
    Here's a picture of the Meepos Speedlube I have. It has a small handle on the right side which applies the lube when the boolit is in the die, a function which is taken care of automatically on the Star lubrisizer. You pressure up the lube reservoir and then pull the small lever after each pull of the sizing lever.

The loading dies are easy to spot, of course, but very hard to find. I've only seen four of them since I started looking myself. They appear to be made to order, with differences in the knurling style and area of each set. Some are marked to caliber by small stamped numbers and letters, and some are scratched or engraved with a vibrating pencil. One set I have won't fit onto the die holder unless I unlink the lever and move it out of the way. Once on, and the lever relinked, it works the way it should.

Somebody claiming to be the mayor of one of the many small towns swallowed up in the Los Angeles megalopolis came on this site a year or so ago. He claimed to be Meepos' son and was asking about the loading tools. Anybody ever hear from him again?

Boolit Master

Really nice equipment. I'm jealous! -- Just a thought...I wonder if LatheSmith could machine the dies you need for your lubers? He might be able to do it for you if you sent him one of the dies for a reference. He makes GREAT dies for Star sizers.

Banned
    An easy? fix for shellholders may to make them from H type shellholders. By machining the lower part of the body to fit the hole in the frame and tweaking the stem length I would think you would have a usable shellholder.
    Ken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    Somebody claiming to be the mayor of one of the many small towns swallowed up in the Los Angeles megalopolis came on this site a year or so ago. He claimed to be Meepos' son and was asking about the loading tools. Anybody ever hear from him again?
    He wasn't claiming.... he is the grandson of the Meepos founder. He was mayor of Palm Desert, I think. And it was my Meepos Speed-lube he found in this forum by googling.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/meepos_speedlube.html

I am willing to fabricate parts for the Speed-lube as my time allows. I can't promise cheap parts but I can guarantee your satisfaction or you send them back for a full refund plus your return postage. Naturally, sizing dies and nose punches won't be real cheap. I hope to adapt the Meepos to Lyman nose punches on calibers larger than about .35 due to clearance issues.

There are 2 Meepos Speed-lube models. Early and late. Mine is late. The one pictured in this thread also appears to be a late model. The early model has integral lube valve function that proved to be of a poor design so they went with the manual lube valve arm instead.

I can fabricate and/or supply pretty much all the parts except the main casting. But in some cases there will be a wee bit of engineering time. (one man shop).

reply to swede1894(at)gmail.com

Dutch

Boolit Master
    Dutch,

You'll probably be getting an email from me at some point about some meepos stuff.

Thanks to everyone else for the info, I'll be looking for meepos dies and accessories as time and finances allow.

holy thread resurrection....

I just scored a Meepos Speed Lube.. I may be inquiring more once it shows up.

Boolit Master
    Wasn't Balki Bartokomous from Meepos?

Boolit Master
    I recently received another speedlube. This one has the automatic lube injector feature. It's also fitted with a Saeco Die.

Now I need to dig out my other speedlube and see if Saeco dies would fit it as well...

Dutchman and Lathesmith will take care of you ..... and welcome to the "Meepos" group .
    Found mine a while back .
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Dutchman and Lathesmith will take care of you ..... and welcome to the "Meepos" group .
    Found mine a while back .
    Thanks!

I actually have 2 speedlubes now, with my most recent one being the one with 'auto lube' to boot. When I get it all cleaned up, I'll post some photos.