Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: 7.5 Swiss stutzen (single shot)

Boolit Bub

7.5 Swiss stutzen (single shot)

I recently acquired a Swiss "stutzen" martini-actioned offhand target rifle chambered for the 7.5 swiss cartridge. this is a later rifle, probably a Hammerelli made barreled action with a 4 groove barrel for the later 1911 cartridge. it seems to have a 1-11 twist and the bore mikes to .296/.306 (b & g)

I am interesting in learning more about cast bullet loads, powders and moulds for this since I intend to use in as my centerfire offhand rifle in the ASSRA Schuetzen offhand matches next season. especially interested in proper moulds since the cartridge in the bolt rifles has some bullet design quirks from what I see elsewhere in these forums

Yesterday I fired some commercial Hornady 7.5 Swiss cartridges, jacketed of course, box rated at 2700 fps JHPBT bullets, and there were absolutely no pressure signs

I note that ASSRA reguires plain based bullets. For a mold I'd suggest sending a PM to SwedeNelson and getting the K31 mold sans gas check shank in one cavity. Then you'd have your ASSRA bullet, and another that you could gascheck should you wish to do some higher velocity work. I see you've been searching some, there's lots of info on the K31, but probably not a lot dealing with plain-base bullets. The K31's bore rider casts at .296" in 50/50 WW/Pb, around .297" with an alloy that has a higher tin content, I think it likely to be the best fitting bullet you'll find. BaBore never did get back to me, he must not be interested in trying to remove the gascheck shank from the Eagan. Swede shows that they have some of K31 molds w/gascheck shank in stock, it'd be a simple matter for them to remove the shank from one cavity. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...19&postcount=1 Scroll down here and you'll see a good example of the differences between a 1911 chamber and the K31: http://www.swissriflewebsite.com/FAQ.asp
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 10-21-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Made SwedeNelson contact point for K31 mold

Boolit Bub
    after some digging I found a link to a service that can modify repair etc etc moulds

www.hollowpointmold.com/

It was discussed some time back on the ASSRA forums, but i had e-lost the reference.

some of the ASSRA guys have used this guys service with happy results. I'll get a couple of the GC moulds and let him rework them

I may see if this service has come up here in the CB forums as see what the experience has been here.

There are some fellows here that have had Erik do work too. Some of the bullets seem to gain a bit in accuracy by having their center of gravity altered. I have one the cavities on my K-31 mold hollowpointed, but I've not shot any yet. That too is an option with NOE.