PBcastcoRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taffin tests

Whether he's using voice-recognition software or typing them in by hand, the choice for using all caps was to make his responses easy to find.
    Glen

Just for what it's worth..... As to using all caps.

My wife and her sisters had a habit of doing e-mail, and other typing in all caps. None of the 4 of them had ANY IDEA that it represented shouting until I, and one of their freinds told them.... and argued until blue in the face. Two of them STILL do it EVERY TIME.... They say it's just easier for them. Just too much work to hit the shift key at the beginning of every sentence I guess.

They have all been around and using computers, e-mail and forums longer than I have.

Sometimes people just don't get the story..... Or choose not to.

Boolit Grand Master

Strange thread. Started off as "anyone have a link to Taffin tests".

Turned into . . . Does anyone's next door neighbor's third cousin's son's daughter's neighbor know anything that we can slur Taffin with. Very odd indeed.

I don't know John Taffin but I do know Glen Fryxell. I know Glen well enough to know that if he says something you can bank your fortune on it.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Don't really know John Taffin or Glen Fryxell but I've had numerous business dealings with both & I'll call them straight shooters............Creeker

www.sixguns.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Whether he's using voice-recognition software or typing them in by hand, the choice for using all caps was to make his responses easy to find.
    All speculation.

Personally, I plan to ask him about it once he's feeling better.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

No, it's not speculation. It's the explanation that Taffin has given a number of times over the years.
    Glen

Boolit Master

Cite to source my friend.

If he has explained it so many times, than there should be some record of it.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master

John Taffin does not post on this board. Why should his typing in all caps concern us and prompt such strident posts because of it?

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I would like to read his articles, but his arrogant attitude turned me off.

My first exposure to Taffin was the thread in which he made this post in response to an on topic and completely unoffensive post made by 44man.

BOOLITS?? BOOLITS?? BOOLITS???@*(^!^$%*!()!$^DO YOU MEAN B-U-L-L-E-T-S??? DON'T TELL ME "BOOLITS" ARE CAST BULLETS EITHER. CAST BULLETS ARE CAST BULLETS. BOOLITS????AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHH.
    As for the caps, when a poster from this board mentioned the caps (in a rude manner) Ken O'Neill responded with the following post, truncated for space.
    I see you joined today also. John Taffin uses a voice activated computer. It prints in caps. With your first post, you showed yourself in a damned poor light.
    CraigC followed up with this.

Misters (names omitted) you are certainly not the first and unfortunately won't be the last to boo-hoo about Taffin's all caps. Fact of the matter is that John Taffin cannot type his responses because of damage to his hands and wrists so he uses voice recognition software that happens to print everything in caps. Forum regulars understand this and it's rather easy to disregard that particular internet protocol. Most of us here consider ourselves to be rather privileged to share cyberspace with one of our favorite gunwriters, John Taffin, and typically do our best to maintain civility. Posts like those from you two dummies are usually met with rather harsh responses because you obviously only came here to inflame and could care less to take the time to become acquainted with the regulars. So, how do your feet taste???
    Taffin came back with another post after the two I have quoted.

I AM JUST ONE YEAR YOUNGER THAN YOU AND YES WE COULD SHAKE HANDS AND BE FRIENDS BUT NOT IF YOU INSIST I HAVE TO ACCEPT "BOOLIT". I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS OF EVERY COLOR AND POLITICAL PERSUASION. I DON'T PUT CONDITIONS ON FRIENDSHIP. WITH THAT I AM THROUGH WITH THREAD.
    Note the lack of correction to the two previous claims of voice recognition software.

I'm sorry, but Taffin's attitude in that thread has turned me off his writing.

Here is a link to that thread. I'm sure you have already read it, but since I am quoting it, I feel a cite to source so that people may see that I have not edited anything more than I have mentioned, is good form and heads off any claims regarding my credibility.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/i...ad=1993&page=1

If you will look at Taffin's posts in this thread, you will notice that he is perfectly capable of posts that aren't in all caps.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/i...6&page=1#43600

If the all caps was a habit, he would be consistent. Unfortunately, he is not consistent in this. Makes me wonder why a teacher like himself would do something like using all caps in some posts but not others, at the same time, attacking people who use the term "boolit".

Anyway, as you can see, my understanding about why the caps is somewhat supported by the members of that board, and not disputed by Mr. Taffin himself.

And my position regarding the

Boolit Master

Mods, I apologize for bringing that whole thing up again, but I have a thorough disdain for being called a liar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12