Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCBS Uniflow

Boolit Master
    Uniflows are junk. Send it to me with the $20.00 fee and I'll dispose of it for you. ..................No, really I will. You'll never see it again and never hear any more complaints about this particular one.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Buddy

Cool Lower cost remedy

I can dispose of it for only 12.99! My overhead costs are lower in South Texas. Send it over and I'll handle the rest!

Boolit Buddy
    I use to not respect the RCBS dispensers very much. Out of curiosity I ran a study on a RCBS and a Harrel. I threw charges of Reloader 15 with each (using the technique that works best for me), weighed each charge and ran a T-Test on the numbers.

The T-Test showed there were no significant difference between the measures. However, the RCBS had a lower standard deviation and a lower extreme spread than the Harrel.

I did not believe the test and reran it with the same results.

Boolit Master

Talking

c3d4b2, the key word is technique. I believe a lot of people here do not try different ways with their powder measure to see what works with a particular type of powder.

Boolit Buddy
    I agree that technique matters. I have spent time with the various techniques to get the most consistent results. I imagine I would get better consistency if I would use ball powders instead of stick powders.

I have used several powder measures and have not had more success with one type over the other. I have read that the best measure for stick powders is the Lee. I have one, but have not got around to running tests with it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GP100man View Post
    I fixed my unique problem , I gave the rest of that #of powder away so I don`t have to go
    I fixed my Unique problem too...
    I throw charges with my Uniflow, check them on my scale, and then trickle up until it reads right. Kind of slow, but it works for rifle charges loaded on a single stage.

For pistol loads on my progressive, I use Bulleye. Once the measure is set and I start rolling, there is very little variation. Bulleye runs through my Uniflow like poop through a goose.
    Last edited by John 242; 01-30-2011 at 05:43 AM.